Author Topic: Cain  (Read 20245 times)

Offline c914

• www.scfi.pl
here is my HLT Cain

model isn't yet finished, need some details on back and bottom. Soo what you think?

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
If you can, make some detail on the inside of the three arms, where the UV mapping is really bad. And also, if you can, UV those areas, so we can beg and beg and beg for Lightspeed to make something to go in there. :D

Oh, BTW; I really really like it. :yes:
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
so far it looks good.  just need detailing on the back part (as you said) and it should be awesome
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline c914

• www.scfi.pl
well UV mapping of arms won't be soo hard to do..i think:doubt: :p

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Do not only add details, make the arms a bit curvier. If you can, I myself don't have a clue how that could be done with TrueSpace.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Nah, leave the arms as they are.  The originals could have been more curved, but they weren't and to be honest I think they look better for it.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
c914 will decide, I merely gave a suggestion.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
a suggestion for the arms would to be a "joint" type thing wherever there's a major bend
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
The Cain looks great! How many polys is that BTW...
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Hmm looks great but it's kinda hard to make out detail in those shots becasue the material applied has such high specularity or is realy white or somthing.
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Looking good so far. Are you planning any differences for a Lilith model?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
Okay, kill me, but I must say I don't like it so much.

The missile launcher thingies on the sides look very odd bumped out like this (try keeping things smoother and more "organic" here). The top part could so well be formed into a scale (see the Lilith maps for what I mean). The weird thingies on the front (next to the top "arm") don't really help, either.

Sorry, but IMHO not the way to have a poly upgrade.
Modern man is the missing link between ape and human being.

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
:eek:
OH MY GOD!
that is perfict! (what you've got done with)
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
    • http://members.fortunecity.com/aranbanjo
considering that it's a WIP, I really love it:)
I like expecially the detailing of the arms (which would probably need a slight retexturing).

[ot]when you'll have time, would you mind returning to do some job for the SW mod? We still need a lot of stuff, and I'd like to see what you can do for starbases:)[/ot]

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
That is awesome. It's exactly how the cain needs to look. :yes:
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Originally posted by Lightspeed
The missile launcher thingies on the sides look very odd bumped out like this (try keeping things smoother and more "organic" here). The top part could so well be formed into a scale (see the Lilith maps for what I mean). The weird thingies on the front (next to the top "arm") don't really help, either.

I'm sorry to say, I agree with Lighty on this one.  The way you've bumped the missle launchers out like that will make 'em easier to shoot out, which may upset the gameplay in existing missions.  I've taken a profile screenshot of the existing Cain (FS2 stock textures) from MODview for comparisson.

Its hard to tell from these textures, but I'm not sure those "things" that Lighty referred to on either side of the "head" just below where the dorsal boom attatches on, match up well enough to what the original textures had in mind.  That said, the rest of the model is very impressive.  The way you managed to match the pannel details on the arms and nose section.  Its a pity that more detail can't be added to the aft section, though you could add a slight edge where the upper armor texture meets the glowing texture on the rear flanks.  I also like the little teeth added to the ends of the booms, though those on either side of the nose could use some thickenning to more closely match the originals.  I'm curious to see what you'll come up with for the "chin" turret.  Keep up the great work.

[Edit]
I guess this tells me where you've been focusing your modeling efforts after losing interest in that Destroyer design that was getting some attention.
[/Edit]

Later!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2004, 10:42:07 pm by 1268 »
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Do you have any idea how long I've been waiting for someone to high-polify the Shivan capships? Do you? DO YOU!?!?
Carpe Diem Poste Crastinus

"When life gives you lemons...
Blind people with them..."

"Yah, dude, penises rock." Turambar

FUKOOOOV!

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
I always thought the missile launcher was recessed...
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
WHEN are we getting this ship !?!?!?!? (the correct answer is SOON!)
;)
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)