Author Topic: Do you want your mission/campaign hosted?  (Read 6821 times)

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Do you want your mission/campaign hosted?
Hosting option is no longer available in either bittorrent or http form. Both hosting options will be back in the future, but there are no temporary hosting options available as of now. Should such temporary options become available, other staff will post information in this thread.

No webspace? Or is the webspace too small, limited bandwidth or otherwise unreliable? Let it be a mission, or multiple, a campaign or even a mod based on TBP, no problem, we can make your custom content available either to the bittorrent tracker or as http download.

Just reply to this thread and tell us about your custom content and how we can get our dirty hands on it. If you have no webspace whatsoever, use the contact email, email size is limited to 10Mb.

TBP BitTorrent Tracker. (for large downloads)
TBP custom content http downloads. (for small downloads)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2005, 11:31:59 pm by 173 »

It's nothing special, but I've been working on a mission based off of the fluff intro to Showdowns-3.

1 Warlock vs. 1 Omega-X.

I'm rather limited when it comes to webspace, but I've managed to get my geocities account to accept it.

http://www.geocities.com/ramius_36/S3EA1a.fs2.txt

Just delete the .txt at the end, save target and it should be alright.

Uses the EA_logo.ani from the TBP core vp.

Enjoy!

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
When we have more missions from fans, I'm planning to make a mission pack consisting of fan made missions only and then upload that to the bittorrent tracker.

Until then, the mission has been mirrored here.

Thanks!

I am unable to save the file to fs2 format pls help. Thank You

'Save target' and then delete the .txt at the end of it.

Or download and rename it S3EA1.fs2

Either name should work, and Geocities should be seeing it as a txt file at the moment.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Come on guys let's have some missions. Tell you what, I'll post my End Game mission for you all to play with. It's incomplete but i'm sure someone can sort that out.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
I am now ready to release Movements in the Mist

It is an updated version of the campaign I released few years back (5 missions) and is balanced to work in R3.1.

I don't have webspace, so I don't have any means to make it available. But if you are willing to help me perhaps it will see the light of day...
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Use a day or two to playtest your campaign, then zip or rar compress it and send it to [email protected].
Remove the no and spam obviously.

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
Originally posted by Mr. Fury
Use a day or two to playtest your campaign

Is little over four years enought? ;7
Ok! It's on its way...
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline Rico

I enjoy makeing missions, so I'll make a mission based off Sheridans liberation of Proxima in the 4th Season. Just give me some time and I'll get it done ASAP :nod:

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
The player will be a fighter pilot rather than I Whitestar Pilot I suspect?
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Prophet's campaign was added to the tracker. See my signature.

Offline Rico

Actually they could be Whitestar pilot, it is flyable :D .
Only issue is that Whitestar cant be used in MP flying, not due to error, but due to no secondary weapons, game wont allow it to start :( .
Can next version fix that so we can use it? Please :)

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I've been attempting to make a flyable whitestar with a primary-style forward beam weapon, unfortunately I haven't had much success.  My attempts ran into an odd problem that I've seen listed before, in which the player beam will fire, but it will only make the beamglow.  There's no projected beam, no impact effect, and no dammage applied to the target.  You'd think that perhaps the firepoint normal might not be set, but it is.  I'm somewhat stumped.

Offline Rico

Hmmm, weird problem. Perhaps you could give the whitestar a seccondary weapon so it can be MP playable? As for controlling the beam, that would be great :D.
There are beam weaps out there that are player useable, find them and see how they do it :drevil:

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I did add a secondary firepoint after FRED complained.

Offline Rico

The current Version doesnt have that, can the mod release a small patch? :nod:

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
I'll add one in the next release. Hopefully it'll have 3 primary banks by then too. We're just waiting on a stable new FS_Open release for that.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline aipz

• War,war never changes...
OPERATION RED DAGGER

more historical details

It's based loosely on this story of capturing an intact Dilgar Heavy Cruiser
- Thorun dartfighters are simulated by VE fighters with Ion accelerators (hope you like this emulation :) )
- mission takes place in deep space so there are no "extra" backgrounds - just sun and a planet...

Where should I e-mail the mission?
If someone wants it I can also send it to him...
« Last Edit: August 27, 2005, 02:18:30 pm by 2633 »
"Another fellow pilot"