Author Topic: Universes Chaos Mission 1  (Read 17451 times)

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
X-Wings do not produce 488 megaton shots. The accepted figures are 2-20 kilotons for the guns, with high-megaton for the proton torpedoes, which are missiles and don't really count. The figure for the laser cannons comes from Slave-1's easily destroying asteroids much larger than itself in AOTC.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Well, like I said, I was going by your link to the Turbolaser commentaries.

And didn't it use Seismic Charges or something or other for that, and not it's lasers...?
Carpe Diem Poste Crastinus

"When life gives you lemons...
Blind people with them..."

"Yah, dude, penises rock." Turambar

FUKOOOOV!

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
The Slave-1 blew up asteroids with single shots from its laser cannons. It blew up dozens of them with single detonations of seismic charges.

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Sheepy

• Raises Hell
  • Mac User
Well you know what if were going on the if its on film it must be true approach, i play the John Kryton universe destroying worm holes from the will of his mind.

Either that or i'll go make some crappy home movie make up some fact and figures, chuck in some crappy techno bable and claim it to be the be best god damn thing in the world beatable by none.

In other words would you shut the hell up already?
 ...actually scratch that its more fun watching you rip into each other peice by peice ... haha
Kiss my Fluffy White Ass!

Well, I'll have to verify that when I get my Ep.2 DVD back from my dad.

Either way, It still provides unrealistic figures.

(So they are seismic charges? How the hell are seismic charges supposed to work in space...?)

@Sheepy: Good, now stay out if you don't have anything to add ;)

FUKOOOOV!

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Uh, they throw out green rings that slice things in half?:p

My guess is that they're designed to burrow into planet's surfacs and take out the bedrock or other substrate, causing collapses, earthquakes, and various other Bad Things. Fett was improvising when he used them in space.

--General Battuta

Offline Sheepy

• Raises Hell
  • Mac User
...space is a vacum it needs substance to cause its impact, no substance, no impace. seismic charges = NOT ****ING LIKELY!

AND DONT IGNORE MY POST!

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Uh, the seismic charge apparently causes seismic activity by destroying underlayers of the ground with that green glowy ring. That's why the blast is planar instead of spherical.

--General Battuta

Offline Sheepy

• Raises Hell
  • Mac User
do you ever get the feeling you like SW a little to much?

.... thought not

Offline Lynx

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to SpaceBattles.com.
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day, but set fire to him and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Originally posted by Sheepy

.... thought not

Do you ever get the feeling you take semantics too literally?

...thought not.

Originally posted by Lynx
Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to SpaceBattles.com.

:p

--General Battuta

Offline Sheepy

• Raises Hell
  • Mac User
i guess that all depends on what form of semantics you mean? and even then probably not

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
I'm talking about dialogue and names. Just because it's called a laser cannon doesn't mean it shoots cannon balls of lasers or, in the case of a seismic charge, the name doesn't necessarily mean it's an earthquake bomb.

--General Battuta

Originally posted by Sheepy

.... thought not

tehehehe!!! :)

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
It's my policy to NOT give the public what it wants... (so Sheepy's post is ignored)...  :P

So... Let's get this train wreck under control, Stithe, any news about the Death Star? I think it's a must have, but implimentation in a non-dedicated SW mod would be tricky.
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

And if you give the ISD (impossible) 200-Gt Turbolasers, I'll give ya a swift kick in the -!

FUKOOOOV!

Originally posted by Woolie Wool
The Slave-1 blew up asteroids with single shots from its laser cannons.

Well, watched the Ep. 2 Slave 1 fight, and I don't know where the hell you guys came up with 20 Kt. Not counting the fact that MANY of those bolts were impacting Obi-wan's fighter (which would have been obliterated, IIRC, if the bolts were approaching 20 kilotons), all that Jango managed with his lasers was to destroy very small rocks, up to have the size of his fighter. And there were many, many instances of several bolts impacting the same rock.

FUKOOOOV!

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
The novels are canon, you say? Good, chew on this. Direct quotation from X-Wing: Wedge's Gamble.

Ackbar sat back in his eggshell repulsorlift chair. "You have the basics: one standard day ago Warlord Zsinj showed up in the system with the Iron Fist, launched a wing of TIEs, and proceeded with a planetary bombardment. Our base there was hit hard, but since it was underground, not as hard as Zsinj would undoubtedly like to think..."
"...How badly was Noquivzor hit?"
Ackbar's eyes half-closed. "We had major damage to the barracks complex. Multiple floors collapsed one atop the other. We will be a long time digging bodies out. Rogue Squadron lost a significant portion of their support staff. The hanger complex, on the other horizon, escaped damage. When we get them back from Coruscant they will have ships to fly."

Noquivzor Base had no shields, and was the only target of any significance on the world. If a Super Star Destroyer was unable to dig it out, a SUPER STAR DESTROYER with a minimum broadside of 450 heavy turbolasers, was unable to dig it out completely, 200 gigatons is utterly impossible. 200 gigatons would exacavate to a ridiculous depth, a half-kilometer at least. With an opening volley of 450 heavy turbolasers, at 200 gigatons the Iron Fist's first broadside should have blasted straight through the planetary crust and annihilated everything for a conservative minimum of twenty kilometers in every direction. It didn't. Major parts of the base survived, including the hanger and powerplant.

Before you say that they simply glassed the planet, they did not. Noquivzor was still habitable after the bombardment ended and Noquivzor Base was eventually fully repaired.

Another interesting little factoid: cruising about Babylon 5 tech sites, I ran across a reference to the power of a Shadow Battlecrab's Death Ray. There is visual evidence from the series that they can blow a good-sized plantoid (650 meters judging from size in relation to the Battlecrab) in half, and dialouge that suggests they are capable of glassing a planetary surface in a little more then a day. Using only a single weapon.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

The DeathStar is in progress... I am using Goobs recent builds to help me put her together using multi-dock... With this application... You will be on the DS with it's full aresenal! I should be able to fit most if not all "major" ships in this model, suchas the shadows, or the galaxy.... More as things progress in that department!

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
did you say "on" as in part of the crew???  I had enough trounble with ships pasing THROUGH the DS cause it was too big. Plus ships attacking itwould cause a crash. I was hoping to make a few stages. stage one is  a targetable model for long distance (plus set turret object for cut scenes or fredded fire beam events for SPECIFIC ships destruction. Later using pieces from XWA make tubes for the trench run (I did some tests pretending the DS interior was SDF-1 guts. it was, interesting... half success half failure. In the end for a PROPER trench run I figured i'd have to wait for teh ground mods to get done so as to use those techniques and make the DS surface like that a seperate mission stage (so in toital you had the initial mision plus like 2 red alret types to tie them together for the Death star mission. I'm not sure if they are still doing that but the SW team was thinking along similar lines long ago.
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)