Author Topic: Attention: All available FREDers  (Read 9615 times)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Twitter
Attention: All available FREDers
This will probably be the last time I asked for FREDers who aren't working on any projects. Pathways is at a standstill, and we desperately need FREDers.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
Refresh my memory, please. What is Pathways about?
"What the hell!? I've got a Snuffleupagus on my scanners! The Snuffleupagus is active!"

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Twitter
Pathways is about a wing of 70th Blue Lions pilots who are chosen for police duty due to increased pirate activity. Since the Capella supernova, pirate activity has increased and the GTPF (Galactic Terran Police Force) needed elite pilots yada yada yada.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

GTPF? Uh...why would an elite squadren....never mind.

That isn't really much of a plotline, and no offense, but you really shouldn't lead a project if you can't FRED your own missions.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Twitter
look at the new description in the FS2 Campaign thread. it's a CONSPIRACY.

jesus christ, i ask for FREDers and everyone bashes me. i'm sick of it.

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
How long is Pathways?
-C

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
People bash you because it sounds like a storyline-less, cookie cutter campaign. You need to give details about a project for people to join you, you can't just say "I need help" and everyone comes running.

Cobra, maybe if you fredded a couple of the first few missions yourself (for instance) and post them you will probably have better luck. No one wants to work on a project (no offense) where the leader doesnt do **** himself. A good way to put it is: "I wouldnt work at the mill if a 3 year old was my boss"

Just some friendly advice...

Or another, better way to put it is:
"If I just graduated with a masters from med school I wouldnt go work for a brain surgeon that just got out of elementary school...i would end up doing all the work and getting almost no credit"

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Twitter
WMC: It's got 15+ missions slated.

uhm, if you will be kind enough to look at the staff list in the campaign description, you will see that i am doing something.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
How about you stop *****ing and tell us about the campaign, rather than making us look it up?

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Can I ask...

The 70th blue lions was an elite squad. The best of the best, aside from SOC.

Why on earth would they be doping police missions?
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Twitter
It's a CONSPIRACY.  someone is trying to get the best pilots out of the way to do something. (ain't saying what it is :p)

maybe i should just quit this campaign and start the other one i have planned (one that you might tolerate)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Wasn't this campaign already cancelled?

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Twitter
what? i never cancelled Pathways...

Cobra, have you considered joining Karajorma's FRED academy? You might learn a thing or two. You will NEVER complete a single quality mission until you learn to FRED, and nobody will successfuly complete one for you, because you won't be able to debug or coordinate design to any degree of success.

I was considering recruiting FREDers, but I decided against it. I can FRED 30 missions in about five months, so who needs a bunch of dead weight?

Also, I took a look at your forum, and I'd suggest dropping it, as all it seems to be doing is hurting your rep.

Note that none of this is to be considered as "bashing," I'm just trying to provide constructive advice.

I though it was dead...
Developing a FS2 Campaign:
Corruptible, everyone has a price

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Twitter
I HAVE joined the FA. have you even SEEN my FA mission?

(BTW kara, i haven't updated in a while due to a few things)

you guys are really starting to piss me off...

Offline ShadowWolf_IH

• A Real POF Guy
    • CoW
Guys i think that we are being a bit unfair to cobra.  and cobra.....when people ask about your campaign in a thread that you started about the campaign, it's rude to tell them to look it up.  

From what i gateher, the pilots are being reassigned as part of a conspiracy, and you are playing one of the reassigned pilots.
You can't take the sky from me.  Can't take that from me.

Casualties of War

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Originally posted by Cobra
It's a CONSPIRACY.  someone is trying to get the best pilots out of the way to do something. (ain't saying what it is :p)

Um....... yeah.  Righ.......t.
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist