Author Topic: Download Freespace 2 SCP (Complete) Packed by Shivan_SPS  (Read 128756 times)

Offline ShivanSpS

Download Freespace 2 SCP (Complete) Packed by Shivan_SPS
Ok, this is the v1.0 vercion which is old, but I we keep this post which all original data because the torrent still there :P

The new post can be found here:
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,39499.0.html

Original post 1
Well I have created a torrent to pass FS_open to my frinds, but I decided to share the pack which everyone.

The Pack Incluide:
-----------------------
-Freespace 2 full install
-Freespace 2 Cutscenes
-SCP 3.6.7, CVS Build 1/25
-3.6.8 Media VPs
-DerelictSCP MOD (which Voices)
-FS_port MOD (which Cutscenes)
-Hi-poly Apollo for FS_port
-Awakenings (which voices) and Destiny of Peace campaigns inside fs_port mod.
-Low-end 3D Shockwaves
-Hi-Poly Ursa
-Hi-poly Hi-res Lucifer

All compresed to 1.76GB .rar file.

all you need to do un unrar and cut and paste the Games folder to C:/

I not sure if you need to rebuild them using the VC tool...
But I very sure you going to need the Directx SDK and OpenAL.

Download the Torrent from here:
-----------------------------------------
http://www.torrentbox.com/torrents-details.php?id=31369

And if you wish... I also packed the Directx SDK, .NET Framework 1.1, OpenAL, and the VC tool to another pack.
http://www.torrentbox.com/torrents-details.php?id=31336

Be sure that you have an divx codec to play the cutscenes...
« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 05:56:21 pm by ShivanSpS »

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: Download Freespace 2 SCP (Complete) Packed by
A few quick questions.

1) What format are the cutscenes in? Are these the avi ones or the originals (or both).
2) Did you put the media VP files in a folder called mediavps?
3) Did you use mod.ini files so that the port can use the media VPs?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline ShivanSpS

Re: Download Freespace 2 SCP (Complete) Packed by Shivan_SPS
1) .avi
2) Yes
3) Yes

:)

Offline ShivanSpS

If someone downoad the torrent file before this post, re-download them.

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
Yeah, this is the kind of pack we really need to get the **** behind on.

Enough of the scattered ****, it's time for a DVD like that.

Offline Shade

Very good idea, ease of installation will definitely help a lot of people get started. Downloading now so I can help seed it when my comp is running :)
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
1) .avi
2) Yes
3) Yes

:)

In that case I have no objection to it. :D

Yeah, this is the kind of pack we really need to get the **** behind on.

Enough of the scattered ****, it's time for a DVD like that.

The problem is that we've never had an official build stable enough for something like that. Even 3.6.7 isn't the most stable we've seen (problems with dual cores etc). Second problem is that stuff like this gets out of date really quickly. The 3.6.7 media VPs are out of date already for instance cause many people are using the 3.6.8 Betas. The same will happen to the beta's very quickly.

That said I do fully support this idea :D
« Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 05:10:13 pm by karajorma »

Offline Shade

I really see this as a 'getting started' pack. Once someone has it all installed and has played the game some, it's a fairly trivial matter to grab a newer build and drop it in the appropriate directory. Installing from scratch, though, can seem daunting, and that's where  something like this download can shine.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Exactly. But we do want the seperate downloads like HotU to always be available so that people don't have to download a bunch of stuff they'll immediately upgrade.

It's basically a balancing act. HotU\Freespacezone for those who only want retail or who can figure out what to do and things like this for everyone else.

Offline Shade

I agree. Anyways, for this to work, several seeders will be needed. else the download speed of 3kb/s for 1.7gb is going to kill any interest pretty fast. So if anyone's got bandwidth to spare, might be a good idea to get this and let it seed for a little now and then. The first 8mb will download pretty fast though since that's as far as I've got so far, and hence what I can seed ;)

Hi Guys,
Freespace noob here...great call ShivanSpS posting ur packaged torrent, just wish there was a few more seeds, i've struggled @ 1kbps all day

Offline Shade

It will come. For a torrent as large as this, it takes several days for other seeders to have the full file on offer. There are actually plenty of seeders, just none that have everything. Once some of us start to have the whole thing, you should start to see download speeds increase quite a bit from the measly 2-4kb/s it's currently at :)

This torrent is in desperate need of another good seeder.  Availability on some pieces is deperately slim.  Once I finish, I'll leave it seeding for a while, but I'm dead in the water at 65%.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
I've got most of the stuff, but I'll dl it too so I can seed for a while :)

I'll download it, and help with seeding :)

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
Downloading as we speak, once I get my cable in two weeks, there should be some major speed increases from me.

Once I get it I may put it up on my site as well.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Reminds me. I still have to upload those cutscenes for you.

Offline bfobar

Toss in Lightspeed's nebulas and you have a great pack. Hey, I have nebulas through letter H. Is that as high as they go or are there more?

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
That's the lot.

Offline Shade

Finally finished my download last night. I'll let it seed 24/7 for at least a few days and after that whenever I'd otherwise have the comp turned on. Have a 128kb upstream connection so in real life terms I'd guess that comes out at about 20-25kb/s download speed for those who need.

Plus of course what you get from all the other seeders, so realistically it's probably possible to manage around 100kb/s download speed now if you pick a good time when more seeders are on - Several others have reached 100% now as well :)