Author Topic: Campaign Release! 26 missions - no filler!  (Read 9648 times)

Offline KappaWing

• Lost in the nebula
Campaign Release! 26 missions - no filler!
The Enemies Return....

I created this campaign 2 years ago when I was a n00b. I valiantly tried repeatedly posting it on VW but i kept getting turned down (I was too n00b to check the forums and discover VW was dead). Soon after, I had a hard drive disaster. For quite a while I thought I lost this one for good, until a few weeks ago when i discovered a backup floppy which had fallen behind my computer desk. A number of things were backed up on it along with this campaign. I was quite new at Fred when making this, and I laugh as I replay these old missions. The campaign lacks frills (no briefing icons, no real storyline, some missing debriefings, not even ingame messages for a few missions) but the missions themselves are solid, well-balanced, and varied. The missions tend to be BOE-ish but there are plenty of fighters to go along with the capships. One thing I thought I did quite well was making full use of the 3D envoroment. No 3 ships are ever on the same X, Y or Z plane, and they usually face random directions, giving a sense of floating and disorientation to the player, IMHO what a true space battle should feel like. This campaign requires no mods and obviously no SCP, however I made a seperate download for SCP users who prefer to use the MOD command line.

Vanilla Version:
http://www.game-warden.com/kappawing/TER_Vanilla.rar

SCP Version:
http://www.game-warden.com/kappawing/TER_SCP.rar

Please remember this is me in a very early stage of Fredding. The campaign I'm working on now will be much improved over this. Please overlook the 12-year-old sense of humor and n00bish lack of detail and enjoy blasting Shivans and Space Pirates througout 26 long, filler-free, computer freezing BOE-style missions. :)
"Your efforts to interdict me have failed, papacy. Pentagon, engage propaganda drive."
"Now, Protestant scum, you will see the power of this fully armed and operational Papal Station!"

Offline Dan1

Re: Campaign Release! 26 missions - no filler!
Downloading this now.    Looking forward to playing it although 26 missions w/out a real storyline might get old fast but I'll reserve judgement till I've beaten them all  ;7  .  Thanks for posting it and I'll tell ya what I thought if you want.
Cause what you got is what we need and all we do is dirty deeds!
-Best FS Campaign Theme Ever

Offline Nuclear1

Sweet. I'll give this a run tonight. :)
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Yay! :)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Whoot. I'll downlaod this when I get home from school. :)

I hate this computer's blasted school filter. It blocks out everything. I was lucky this didn't fall under games. :hopping:
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Pretty much as advertised. 26 missions, no filler, plotholes everywhere, target-rich environment, lots of explosions.

Whee!
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Dan1

Although it was certainly unique, this was very entertaining, lampshades squadren...the whiz comment all great. ;)

Cause what you got is what we need and all we do is dirty deeds!
-Best FS Campaign Theme Ever

Offline NickM

Say Kappawing, I have a quick question: In spite of the fact that I use cheats to protect my objective & kill the enemy my debrief always sounds like a failure; I kill every tango in sight & then I leave---without asking of course but...all bad guys are dead and all friendlies are alive---in debrief I get congratulations for success but I still have to attend a memorial service for a destroyed cap ship that was still alive when I left.

NickM

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
bump

Offline KappaWing

• Lost in the nebula
Say Kappawing, I have a quick question: In spite of the fact that I use cheats to protect my objective & kill the enemy my debrief always sounds like a failure; I kill every tango in sight & then I leave---without asking of course but...all bad guys are dead and all friendlies are alive---in debrief I get congratulations for success but I still have to attend a memorial service for a destroyed cap ship that was still alive when I left.

NickM

Heh.... bad debriefing. Fortunatley, you can always accept and keep going no matter what the outcome of the mission.

Yeah as i said in the first post, this campaign is pretty rough around the edges. Relentless will be much better.  :)
"Your efforts to interdict me have failed, papacy. Pentagon, engage propaganda drive."
"Now, Protestant scum, you will see the power of this fully armed and operational Papal Station!"

Offline NickM

kappawing:

Sorry, I should have guessed that this was part of the 'plot holes' you mentioned earlier...my bad; anyways, I AM enjoying the heck out of making things go 'boom'...

NickM

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
DLing now. I need 15 mins...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline rdsqc22

Noes! The downloads are both broken :( could you rehost somewhere else?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
KappaWing isn't around much, and given that this release was five years ago...

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Somebody should still have the files though.
To everybody that has them: Please, reupload them to FSMods or Mediafire.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
What's this campaign called?  I must have missed it, and I can't put "Untitled" in the campaign list. :nervous:

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
"The Enemies Return....", presumably, seeing as the archives are named TER_xxxx
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

the enemies return you say. I've seen it somewhere around my drive, give me a min

EDIT: Found it, hope it works
http://freespacemods.net/download.php?view.741
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 07:53:14 am by ktistai228 »