YAY!

I love the look of the loki.
And this HTL version of it, looks very nice. :D
OMG! We're lost: Kryptonite = Tiberium

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Well. The thrusters look a bit off, and I always thought the front of the side pods was larger than the backs.. but if you round off the head of the cocpit, underneath, a little more it'll be excellent. :yes:

My favourite interceptor.
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Ooh. and this belongs in FSUP... So you know. :}

Offline Roanoke

Not certain if the thrusters really should be proper cylinders (as apposed to triangular).... :doubt:

Offline bfobar

yeah the thrusters had stealth baffling that didn't work very well. It was kind of a defining feature of the design. but otherwise, YAY LOKI WITH COCKPIT!

Oh and if it doesn't make the poly count too high, I think the cylinders for the primary and secondary weapons would look cool with a recessed center to make them look more like tubes.

Final thought: do you want the pilot all the way back against the bulkhead or could he be moved farthur forward? A lot of FS fighters have such big glass areas that they seem like they could fit a jacuzzi and the pilot's cockpit under the glass area. I always thought this space went better behind the pilot than in front of him.

Offline Nuclear1

Excellent so far. :yes:
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Nifty.
-C

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Isn't the cockpit supposed to stick out further then that? It looks like you compacted it a bit...
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
The cocpit bar is directly in front of his face in that pic... :blah:

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
...Is it just me, or is the cockpit a little... small. I mean, the Loki has always been the smallest fighter save the Pegasus, and that cockpit, namely the person inside, just looks damned small... could we see a comparison shot next to the Herc?

Offline Kaine

i think the human->ship scale is about right personally :)

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
****ing awesome :yes:

No complaints.

Offline Roanoke

i think the human->ship scale is about right personally :)

I imported the HTL Perseus and scaled it to about the same size (just going off eye). If you compaire the two, the cockpit area for the Loki is way too big.

...Is it just me, or is the cockpit a little... small. I mean, the Loki has always been the smallest fighter save the Pegasus, and that cockpit, namely the person inside, just looks damned small... could we see a comparison shot next to the Herc?

I'll whip one up.

Oh and if it doesn't make the poly count too high, I think the cylinders for the primary and secondary weapons would look cool with a recessed center to make them look more like tubes.

Doubt if you'd notice when it's textured.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Oh wow. Sexy and beautiful. I'm getting excited with anticipation to see it in-game. :D

FEENEESH EET OR EELSE! :p
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Roanoke

« Last Edit: March 05, 2006, 05:24:00 am by Roanoke »

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Yeah, the Perseus cockpit is really small anyway.  Not a bad looking upgrade (there are some things, like the winglets on the ends of the missile pods, that shouldn't be changed IMHO but they are fairly minor) and certainly quite welcome.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

if it doesn't increase the poly count too much, i think the loki would look really good if you smoothed the main body and neck so it had more curved lines than boxy angles.  i'm thinking the only reason the main body's got the boxy sharp angles was because of game and system restrictions. of course, i haven't seen any concept sketches of the loki, just my 2 cents.

Offline Sheepy

• Raises Hell
  • Mac User
should by angular, adds to the feel of the failed stealth project that its meant to be.
Kiss my Fluffy White Ass!

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
the Loki is spot-on IMO. :)
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta