Author Topic: TBP/RW rock video  (Read 4180 times)

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Courtesy of Rake. Many thanks to him for all his time and effort in putting this together:

http://files.filefront.com/Flail_Babylon/;5155979;;/fileinfo.html

If you like the video above check out his magnificent FS2/SCP video too:

http://files.filefront.com/Flail_SCP/;5077061;;/fileinfo.html
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Darkblade

• Lurker
    • The Babylon Project website
I saw an earlier version of this and it rocked.

This final version was mostly the same but it felt much more finished... maybe because there is the necessary logos at the end. :)

Rake, keep it up and keep rocking!
Mauri Darkblade Majanoja

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Some footage from the ground attack mission was added, which was nice. My personal favourite scenes are the Zephyr flying around in circles for no particular reason, and the Sky Serpent bouncing off the pilot's cockpit window.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
My only problem with it is that we have a few disco ships in there with no env maps. Apart from that this is as good an advert for Raider Wars as you could hope for :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

I like it!! can i share with others in B5 community?? :yes:

One question did you use Asus Game replay?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 07:04:36 pm by PSI-KILLER »

Offline Rake

• http://www.strategyplanet.com/starmada/weapons
I like it!! can i share with others in B5 community?? :yes:

One question did you use Asus Game replay?

Yes you can, and no, it was all recorded real-time during play via Fraps.

*added - These are the current working links:

Torrent (70 MB)
You Tube stream

« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 12:17:49 am by Rake »

Offline RavenTS

• www.KULTLOESUNGEN.de
Very nice, how about making a real trailer for EMB and RaiderWars (with more about the story, etc), could push the whole project a lot..!

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
What the hell is EMB? Can't see Rake wanting to do another video for us for a while. Hardly a stellar reception for this one. At least his SCP vid got more appreication. Well a little more. Do people not recognise something ultra cool when they see it.... or do we just not get any visitors here anymore to see it? Sooner I finish bhx the better :(.

Offline RavenTS

• www.KULTLOESUNGEN.de
What the hell is EMB?

Earth-Minbari-Bwar of course... :drevil:

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
There isn't a completed, full EMW campaign for 3.3a.

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
Can't see Rake wanting to do another video for us for a while. Hardly a stellar reception for this one. At least his SCP vid got more appreication. Well a little more. Do people not recognise something ultra cool when they see it.... or do we just not get any visitors here anymore to see it?
Point one. Can you blame people for not cluttering the boards with hundreds of cool/sweet/awsome/roxors messages?
Point two. SCP has a lot more active followers than TBP. Yes, it's true.

Thus. Lack of feedback doesn't mean lack of appreication. So accept the fact that this vid is good, though not every viewer comes here to growel and worship it. And don't expect every one to check these boards daily. Give it a week, and I'm sure there'll be more saliva dripping "OMG TATH ROXORZ!!1!" comments...
IMO. It was cool and I enjoyed it. But only thing that initiates a feedback sequence in me, are the ships with shiny lotion all over them (but I blame SCP for them). Thats because I'm a lazy bastard living under a rock and I need something else than a generic "cool" feeling before I start giving feedback.
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
I'm sorry Prophet but I'm of the opinion that if someone puts some time and effort into something then at least a cursory "Thanks that was cool" is only polite. But hey, what do I know. i'm just some guy.

Well it is a holiday , Happy Fathers Day to all out there!!!!  Allot of poeple or doing the holiday thing. 
With the Shiny Lotion effect, I am using 367 bulid at full graphic settings with the launcher, I have a EN7800GTX and I don't get that shiny lotion effect at all.  I am woundering if maybe a dev setting is making everything to0 reflective.

Offline Rake

• http://www.strategyplanet.com/starmada/weapons
Point one. Can you blame people for not cluttering the boards with hundreds of cool/sweet/awsome/roxors messages?

Forum posts are irrelevent when judging this sort of thing when a) you've done this over a dozen times before and know how the process works, and b) you have access to download stats. It's got a grand total of >70 downloads, which is >5 GB of bandwidth, and IIRC it had a whopping 6 downloads yesterday. Yes, our cup runneth over.

The only way it will not have peaked already is if the vid got linked to on the front page of a large website. Since that's not going to happen, we've seen all we're going to see.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Yes our footprint on the net is clearly not huge at the moment. Don't fret though. 3.4 release will be coming up in a bit along with some great campaigns. We'll have a lot more people around when that happens and I'll do what I can to ensure that they know about the vid. This one's just going to be a bit of a slow burner. It will burn though mark my words.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
I'm not bumping this or anything.  :nervous:

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
Thanks for this not bumping. I've just noticed this video and I have to say: Great work! It's really good. I love the part in the beginning with the Starfury in front of the big explosion.

It looks great and that's only the low-end version of the shockwave!  :eek2:
--------------------------------------------------
SoL is looking for a sound effect artist
Please PM me in case you want to apply
---------------------------------
Shadows of Lylat - A Freespace 2 total conversion
(hosted by Game-Warden)
----------------------------------