Author Topic: Freespace 2 SCP Folder Map Guide  (Read 5298 times)

Offline ShivanSpS

Freespace 2 SCP Folder Map Guide
This may probe usefull for some people :D

Part 1: The Main Folder

Part 2: Mods (FS_PORT)

Part 3: The Mediavps folder

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: Freespace 2 SCP Folder Map Guide
Looks good so far. A little more complicated than what I would have done but I'm sure they'll be useful.

If you ever make some for 3.6.9 Official I'll have to see if I can borrow them for the FAQ.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Wow, thanks man that helps me a lot too :)
All vista problems can be corrected, by upgrading to XP

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
The first picture is way too crowded.  Perhaps you should remove the lines and just use color-coded dots.

Otherwise, good work. :yes:

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
If I may suggest, rather than drawing a straight line directly from every file, draw a line going directly right from the filename until they are all at the some position on X-axis, and then draw a single vertical line up. Do that for each colour, moving the vertical line slightly across, and it would make it a lot easier on the eye. I'll try an do a quick example and post it..

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Double post, but something more like this would probably be clearer...

I know the description isn't 100% accurate by the way, but it was more about the way the lines were done than anything else ;)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 11:16:34 pm by Flipside »

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Wow, Flipside, I like that. :yes: :yes: :yes:

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Now, when you would order the files by type you would have even clearer picture, VP files being in one nice bunch, executables in other and so on... :nervous:
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
:lol: Yeah, I thought of that too later, it's just that if you are looking for where one particular file should go, it may be easier for the searcher to have them Alphabetical even though it's harder on the person making the table ;)

Edit : Besides, it looks cooler :p

Oh, if you've got MS Visio handy, you can do what Flipside did really, really easy.
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm