Author Topic: RELEASE: Official Awakenings for Port 3.0  (Read 26558 times)

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
RELEASE: Official Awakenings for Port 3.0
Three years have passed since the collapse of the Sol jump nodes. The Galactic Terran Alliance have just successfully completed their counterstrike against the confused Shivan forces. But now,  things are going bad for the GTA. Shivan ships are pushing back in to reclaimed systems, in higher numbers than during the first months of the Great War. With the Terrans and Vasudans still recovering from the loss of key bases and ship yards, the Shivans are preparing for the next great push over.

You are one of the many pilots stationed at Galatea Station in the Vasuda system. As a seasoned veteran of the 14-year war, you look at your new assignment as one of confusion, as you are now sworn to protect the very system you vowed to destroy. Things go slowly on the station. You spend most of your time protecting the construction of the Vasuda 5 Shipyards, the largest Terran-Vasudan shipyard ever built. From the new shipyards, the T-V alliance plans to take the  fight to the Shivan homeworld.

While conducting a routine attack on HOL cruisers near the jump to Antares, a pair of GTD Orion class destroyers jump out of the middle of nowhere. Where did these ships come from? What happened to the crew? What will become of the GTA?

The FSPort team is pleased to announce the official release of the classic FS1 campaign Awakenings, ported to FS2.  This release replaces the unsupported versions posted earlier.  This release is now properly compatible with both SCP and retail Freespace 2 and includes several bugfixes and other enhancements over previous iterations.

Download Links:

Awakenings Campaign (1.1 mb)

Awakenings Voice Files (18.5 MB)

Awakenings was originally created by Nathan "Dynamo" Hoying (website http://www.descent-freespace.com/awake/).

Screenshots

« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 02:53:11 pm by Goober5000 »
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Re: RELEASE: Official Awakenings for Port 3.03
Hate to be the first one to chip in with a problem, but I can't for the life of me make it through the voice files download.  It keeps freezing up everywhere from 19% to 68% complete.  The actual missions themselves froze up once as well, but I was eventually able to get them.

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
Hmm... I just redownloaded both files myself without incident.  Maybe you were just having a connection glitch at the time?
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Must have been; it worked fine this time.  It'll be nice to play this campaign again; other than that female admiral's voice (ugh....), it's a really top-notch piece of work. :)

Offline ARSPR

• Preys On Mantis
Hate to be the first one to chip in with a problem, but I can't for the life of me make it through the voice files download.  It keeps freezing up everywhere from 19% to 68% complete.  The actual missions themselves froze up once as well, but I was eventually able to get them.

I also suffer it. I think is something that happens with your server. Sometimes (a lot of times) it just stops downloading.

Edited--

I have downloaded it with:

• Using IE Tab inside Firefox.
  • Downloading with IE engine not Firefox engine.
  • When it stops downloading, cancel.
  • Re select the link and the download will start at the point it stoped before.
  • (About 20 times of redownloading)...
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 04:21:13 pm by ARSPR »
IF YOU HAVE TROUBLES WITH FS2:
  • Please, please, please, READ and UNDERSTAND the sticky threads in FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support board.
    A lot of people are willing to help you, but, as anyone can understand, seeing the very same "issues" repeated again and again can become quite depressing. Please, spend a bit of time trying to solve the issue by yourself.
    (Lobo deserves a monument).
  • Then, if you aren't still able to solve your issue, feel free to ask for help in that same board.
    FYI, most of the troubles are caused by wrong mod installations which lead to either missing data or undesired cross-effects between them. Always follow the mod installation instructions and keep a clean FS2 installation as explained in the sticky threads. Two additional links about how the game handles game data:
  • If you think that you've discovered a bug, mantis it.
    Provide as much info as you can, and try to narrow it down. A lonely "FS2 doesn't work" is not a good report.

Whoever Hanlon was: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Albert Einstein: Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Dell Dimension 9200 - Vista 32-bit Ultimate
Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2.4GHz - RAM 2 GB DDR2
nvidia 8800 GTX - Integrated Sigmatel Audio

Re: RELEASE: Official Awakenings for Port 3.0
I don't suppose anybody would have the whole complete Awakenings setting around someplace that I could re download it from?
All vista problems can be corrected, by upgrading to XP

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
The Awakenings setting?  You mean, the system backgrounds?  They're in the mediaVPs.

I need the Awakenings-voice vp's I just got the NaRR10_Nebulae, and I have the Awakenings 3_0 vp
« Last Edit: November 23, 2006, 09:39:05 pm by wolfen »

Thank you very much now I can play that one again. Where did you have it hiding at LOL

So far I have

Derelict
casualties of war
Awakenings
back from the dead

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
It was on the website the whole time.  Unfortunately, there are redirect problems caused by the server move.

I think I read something about that, sure wish I had the skills to help you guys fix that, unfortunately Im teh guy that click yes to the EULA, on stuff, and enters the code on the little piece of paper in the box.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Okay, where could I get the files now? :)
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Code: [Select]
http://hades-combine.com/web/index.php?ind=downloads&op=section_view&idev=9
This is where I found the ones I have.

Offline neoterran

All links in the thread are dead.
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Not anymore. :)

Goober, if you were a girl I'd kiss you, you have no idea how much I misse dthat site and my homepage on FF:)

:lol: :lol:
I thought the Shivans in Mission 8 are gearing up for war, LMAO, not packing up CDs, and what? JAZZ
I never thought alliens would have a taste for Jazz  :D :D
That one was hilarious

[attachment deleted by a basterd]
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 07:57:30 am by MetalMilitia »

I never go to war without my Jazz & Blues CDs.

I never go to war without my Jazz & Blues CDs.
Are you a shivan??   :eek: