Author Topic: Well... What about FS3?  (Read 7491 times)

Offline Kitime

Well... What about FS3?
I still don't know why everyones so harsh about fs3 (search what? the forums or google?)
But maybe we can do something about it. if this hasn't been posted before anyway  :rolleyes:

http://www.petitiononline.com/FS3/petition.html

but petitions ususally dont do much.  :blah:
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 08:24:29 pm by Taristin »

Look, before this gets locked, let me tell you that everything and anything you could bring up, think up of and find out about FS3 has already been discussed at least 5 times over.

Plus with the whole DS debacle, this topic simply can't go anywhere.  And btw, having a thread locked is a clear sign you shouldn't immediately create another one in the same vein.

Offline Kitime

before this is locked lemme tell you what i found

After questions about FS3's release date this is one of the sorest points in the community. Posting a topic like this on one of the FreeSpace boards is actually more likely to get you insulted that simply asking when FS3 is coming out. While that question is merely naive this one carries a rather subtle insult. After all if the solution is so simple wouldn't the community have to be idiots not to have thought of it before? The fact is that the idea has been brought up several times before. It came up shortly after the FS2 source code was released when for the first time not only could we make a new story for FS3 but also improve the engine to do it. The idea was rejected then for several reasons and continues to be rejected every time it comes up for many of the same ones.

I see now.
T_T
My bad.
Sorry folks.
Lock me up mods. :/
And also, it's not very freindly to the noob community.
someone should sticky no talking about making fs3
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 07:35:20 pm by Kitime »

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Only newbish newbs who keep on talking about **** they've been told is a bad thing to talk about.

Didn't you listen to your Welcome SpeechTM? Most have a line in them somewhere saying: "Do not ever mention the letters "F", "S", and "3" together."
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 08:01:22 pm by Dark Hunter »
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Some times harshness is necessary. I, personally, dont care if the newbie community gets offended.
This is the internet. It'll happen at some point. Better sooner than later.

That said, this thread is locked, too.
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
In fact....... Perhaps to prevent future occurances..... This shall now be stickied.
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Re: Well... What about FS3?
The sticky is a good idea.  But I would heartily recommend that the newbies consider channeling their effort and enthusiasm into one of the many campaigns hosted at HLP, GameWarden, or SectorGame. :)

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Re: Well... What about FS3?
I think this has pretty much served it's purpose, basically, those who don't read the FAQ's don't appear to read this either.

If anyone wants to resticky it or something, feel free :)