Author Topic: Points in multiplayer  (Read 2013 times)

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Points in multiplayer
I've never been able to entirely figure out the point system for multiplayer missions.  Anyone have a list of how points are awarded?   I'm at the stage of awarding points for goals and events but don't know which points are divided up between players, what points are given to one player (think fighter kills fall into this area), or what is a combination of both.  Does dificutly affect points?  Seems to but I've never been able to figure out why. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Re: Points in multiplayer
I believe that when one player gets a kill, he gets the full score and everyone else gets half of the points added to their individual totals. I remember I used to get about 3600 points in RI as a lone bomber and the other guy, who was only going after fighters, got 1800 something.

The points specified in goals and events are supposed to awarded equally to everyone, but IIRC in retail FS2 they were ignored by the game altogether in multiplayer. Not sure if this has changed with FSO.

The difficulty does affect the scoring quite significantly, although I'm not sure what the exact proportions are. That's why everyone used to play on insane back in the PXO days.

Speaking of this issue, there needs to be a way to check your points easily in singleplayer. The points don't appear anywhere on the pilot stat screens for some reason.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Well I spent several hours testing this tonight.  Here are the results:

Multi player cooperative scoring

Scoring percentage awarded for ship kill:
20%    very easy
40%    easy           
69.9% medium
100%  hard
125%  insane

Player kill scored when player does greater than 50% damage to ship

AI kill when AI does greater then 50% damage to ship

Ship starting with hull less then 100% take 50% of starting hull for kill.  Example
to get a kill on a ship with a starting hull of 20% you only need to do 10% damage.

Damage by cap beam weapons including anti-fighter beams subtracts from starting hull
damage.  Example you can get a kill for doing 1% damage on a cap that takes 99%
damage from beam weapons.

Damage by other cap weapons is considered normal AI damage. 

Event scoring not counted.

Mission objective score not counted.

TvT scoring

Mission objectives (primary, secondary & bonus) score at 69.9%
Event score at 69.9%
Kills score at 69.9%
Kill threshold at 40%

Note this is only considering 1 player and 1 or more AI.  Scoring and damage
percentages needed for kill with 2 or more play not tested
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 06:07:07 pm by FUBAR-BDHR »
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
That's some useful info. Especially as we're balancing the BtRL missions for multiplayer at the moment.

Someone needs to add this to the wiki.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
I'll try to do some TvT testing and post the results.  Pretty sure objectives are counted there.  If I can round up a guinea pig for some online testing I'll try to do some tests with 2 or more players.   

I did testing in TvT using 2 computers.  I did not test 2 players on same team.  Results added to previous reply.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 06:08:19 pm by FUBAR-BDHR »