Author Topic: Turrets Galor!  (Read 5508 times)

For reminding me about turrets  :)

Some of these pics are outdated, and a few turrets don't have renderings

Standard laser turret

Side mounted laser turret

Particle cannon (it was originally a flak cannon then a mass driver) (this is the antiaircraft version, the medium/big are anticap ship and look very different)

Standard tachyon turret (it's been repainted)

now...

Missile launcher

standard plasma launcher (medium and heavy have two barrels)

standard antimatter launcher (medium and heavy have two barrels

Side mounted slicer beam turret (aka multishot turrets) [unused]

Pulse beam cannon (the wings have been deleted)
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Interesting
I have created a masterpiece.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Nice. Purdee.

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
I like the last ones starting with the Tachyon turret model. The pulse beam looks somehow like a behemoth on a turret ^_^
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

That was actually an ion beam frigate (the Turranic frigate)

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

Excellent work as always Scooby. :yes:
I feel like a one legged man, in ass kickin' contest!

Picked this little guy up at a second hand store...didn't realize he had a nice turret on him.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 06:30:03 am by Scooby_Doo »

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
Oh no wonder that barrel looked familiar, HW2  :D (what my "The turret Project" is based on - Axel's Models)

Can I ask permission to add you're first posted one "Standard Turret" to the project? Also your "missile Launcher"?

I break them up as well as leave them whole and parts are labeled by author so bases, platforms, and barrels/swing parts have a -XXX on them with three letter initial. So any Scooby Turrets/parts would have -sco on them: That way peopel can go mr Potato head and mix match for more combinations as well as use he original turrets

(ie) smallBarrel-sco, standardbase-sco...

I'd post a pic, but I seem to have lost my folder? There was one in the old thread. I think I'll need to restart this from scratch...  :(
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Sure, the first turret (laser turret) can be ripped out of nearly all my capships and I have COB ready version to go.  In fact I think I've got cob versions for all the turrets.

PLZ zip them, PLZ. those would be perfect turrets for thesizzlers mod. you'll get credit of course. and keep up the good work; your models are the best i've ever seen.............. for anything, not just FS
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Nice turrets, looks deadly. :D
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

I like them! One question though, how well do they rotate? Any multi-part turrets in there>?
"I only miss what I don't hit."
Show me something that beats 87 BF reds and I'll show you Hateful Lies!!!

I like them! One question though, how well do they rotate? Any multi-part turrets in there>?

All but one (the round one) are multi-part

Offline Oddgrim

• I like building stuff.
    • Art Thumblr
pretty cool turrets :)
[GhostOfMjn: I can provide hi res vasudan ass]
[Hades]: we have so much in common we should bang.
My models page:
http://p3d.in/u/Oddgrim

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
They're just fantastic! Are you going to release these turrets so that other modellers can fill all new warships with them ;7
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

/cretin PLEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline --Steve-O--

• I might be the last man on earth to use TS3.2
your sure we can borrow turrets and turret parts with textures? I've already mixed and matched some for my own amusment and terrible purposes, and the result doesn't look to bad. however, i absolutely will not release anything with those turret parts attached without your blessing and my garantee that they will be stamped with your name and serial number to ensure proper credit is given. the "Scooby Seal of Approval" if you will.
"And so they dwelled in filth, on worlds made of dirt and feces, and there they lay until they stumbled into the skies." --the Mad Prophet

Nice...

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Here you go, the textures can be found in the latest additional vp file in my "my big mod" thread

http://scoobydoo.freespacemods.net/Finished_Mods/Turrets-10-11-07.rar