Author Topic: Einstine's shockwave and yellow afterburners  (Read 16662 times)

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Einstine's shockwave and yellow afterburners
Recently, Einstine909 created some nice new shockwaves. I have renamed the DDS files taken the textures for DaBrain's Super-High End shockwave and rendered the animation on a plane in Blender, resulting in an animation that will replace the stock shockwave as a 2d shockwave rather than a 3d one. I personally like having the shockwave face the you at all times rather than the random orientation you get from the 3d ones.

The other thing is that I've never liked the green Terran afterburners in the media vps, so I've taken the effects and shifted the hue to make them a more yellow color. They look like this:

and I have them both packed into separate VPs, so for once I'm actually contributing a little something to the community. :p

Afterburners
Einstine'sDaBrain's shockwave

Enjoy! :D
« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 05:36:25 pm by redsniper »
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
Re: Einstine's shockwave and yellow afterburners
well at least they arn't TEAL.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
Hey, I *liked* the TEAL ones. (Yes, there are such people).
Never the less, these look good too.

(Still I wonder, what an afterburner is on a nuclear engine)
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
I hated the teal ones. With a passion.
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Einstine909

• (-,-) -meh
NICE :nod:

I also hated the teal... it was more soothing than exciting...
oh and thanks for making them into a VP

Offline neoterran

While these are better than the teal they are not as nice as Admiral Nelsons' (I think ??) almond color ones which i am currently using. Those look the best to me, these are too yellow. But anything is better than the teal.

However, i do like the new shockwaves alot - i currently use the old 2D shockwave, but these are also cool as hell.
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline EAD_Agamemnon

• Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn't very Fuzzy Was He?
Just recently since I wanted to redo some of the explosion anis....I always wondered how people did it.
It so happened I have IrfanView (a free and surprisingly powerful) graphics module...it can also play some video and audio if you get the plugins for it.
My only prob is that I had to adjust the spectrum of the explosions frame by frame.....not all that fun when theres 121 of them. Couldnt find where there was a command to allow me to do it all at once. The program dont want to load the ANI and there doesnt seem to be an appropriate plugin for it.
Now though I can throw in blue explosions like those you see in INFERNO....you know the ones that blow up sorta circular and look as if debris is thrown with it.
"Never start a fight, but always finish it."  - Captain John Sheridan
-------
In Diffucult Ground; Press On
In Encircled Ground; Devise Strategems
In Death Ground; FIGHT!

Sun Tzu on The Art of War circa 400 B.C.

Offline neoterran

btw it's preferable to use EFF + DDS format as opposed to ANI for memory purposes.
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline Einstine909

• (-,-) -meh
i could send u the .avi's if u wanted...

looks good!
And where are those Admiral Nelson's ones ? (afterburners)
N_D

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
How do you get the thrusters (not the glow, the trail thingy) to look like that. I don't have the actual mediaVP, I got them of INFA.

Offline Water

Just recently since I wanted to redo some of the explosion anis....I always wondered how people did it.
It so happened I have IrfanView (a free and surprisingly powerful) graphics module...it can also play some video and audio if you get the plugins for it.
My only prob is that I had to adjust the spectrum of the explosions frame by frame.....not all that fun when theres 121 of them. Couldnt find where there was a command to allow me to do it all at once. The program dont want to load the ANI and there doesnt seem to be an appropriate plugin for it.
Now though I can throw in blue explosions like those you see in INFERNO....you know the ones that blow up sorta circular and look as if debris is thrown with it.

If you can get all the frames as separate files. In IrfanView hit B then select the files you want to convert. Down the bottom tick advanced options and modify the r - g - b setings (test on one file to get the settings)

Offline Topgun

btw it's preferable to use EFF + DDS format as opposed to ANI for memory purposes.

That is a lie. most of the time anis are faster because they use 8bit color.

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline Topgun

Topgun... read following very carefully.

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,43499.msg893149.html#msg893149

What Taylor said did not make sense to me. :wtf:
Unless DDS is not a regular graphic format....

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
I was basically trying to say that you really shouldn't claim certain things being 'lies' if you are unsure - or do not know - what you are talking about.

Here is something more about the same issue:

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,37158.msg783325.html#msg783325
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline Topgun

I was basically trying to say that you really shouldn't claim certain things being 'lies' if you are unsure - or do not know - what you are talking about.

Here is something more about the same issue:

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,37158.msg783325.html#msg783325

I thought I knew what I was talking about.... I guess even I make mistakes....

That would be under File/Batch conversion/rename/Use advanced options.

Another program allows you to extract the frames from the ani file and put them back, I don't know the name---ani builder or somesuch.

Offline takashi

• Better than TrashMan
aniview32! most easily found using tureys installer and clicking yes when it asks you if you want the tools!