Author Topic: The GTVA's demise - humorous fanfic  (Read 3423 times)

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
The GTVA's demise - humorous fanfic
Please keep in mind this is a joke.

One day was particularly dark for the Galactic Terran-Vasudan Alliance. For good reason.

On that day, Alpha 1 (real name unknown) was having a shower in a GBn-55-class bath tub, his very favorite class of all bath tubs. While taking a bath, he was remembering his kills for that day: a bunch of SF Nephilims, Nahemas, and even more fighters of all classes imaginable. He was also remembering the excessive amount of whining he had received from his wingmen for him stealing their targets. Of course, that does not matter now: they are all dead anyway, and Alpha 1's conscience is clear for even his supernatural and indisputable competence could not do anything to keep those guys alive. It's a whole different keetle of fish that he did not care at all. He was happy to let those fools to their fates.

In a fatal instant, he let himself be succumbed to his memories, and he could not notice in time that he was slipping. He hit his head pretty hard, and ten minutes and thirty-two seconds thereafter, it would have been a mistake to consider him "alive."

Coincidentally, the Shivans annihilated the entire galaxy in the eight hours that followed. There was no Terran or Vasudan left to determine if Alpha 1 was assassinated by a Shivan agent dressed like a Terran, or his supernatural abilities failed him for a single second.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Vretsu

Re: The GTVA's demise - humorous fanfic
Highly improbable. If you take into account all the non-canon campaigns, there are many more Alpha 1s more than ready to replace any Alpha 1s KIA. Heck, every Hecate in the GTVA seems to have at least one Alpha 1. Most destroyers of any merit whatsoever also have wise-cracking, invulnerable wingmen to back up their respective Alpha 1.

The Aquataine has been roundly critized for not fostering creative expression in their pilots. For once a wingman develops a personality, he cannot ever die. At least not until the end of the current campaign.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 11:46:03 pm by Vretsu »

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
rofl.....
I hate My signature!

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
While it amuses me greatly...

It is not, as we have proved, the man that matters. It is merely the callsign. It is enough to call someone Alpha 1.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Highly improbable. If you take into account all the non-canon campaigns, there are many more Alpha 1s more than ready to replace any Alpha 1s KIA. Heck, every Hecate in the GTVA seems to have at least one Alpha 1. Most destroyers of any merit whatsoever also have wise-cracking, invulnerable wingmen to back up their respective Alpha 1.

The Aquataine has been roundly critized for not fostering creative expression in their pilots. For once a wingman develops a personality, he cannot ever die. At least not until the end of the current campaign.

I think it eluded your attention that this is just a joke.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I personally don't see why everyone portrays Alpha 1 as some invincible demigod.  I've certainly seen the demise of quite a few Alphas 1 on my watch, believe you me.

Offline Mr. Vega

• Your Node Is Mine
  • The ticket to the future is always blank
Yes, but according to the many worlds theory there always be a reality where Alpha 1 succeeds, discarding the other parallel outcomes.
Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assaults of thoughts on the unthinking.
-John Maynard Keynes

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
  • Im not the droid your looking for, move along
In fact, each time Alpha 1 dies he instantly comes back from the grave and replays the mission :D
Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Why, you ask? What, do I look like a Shivan to you?!?

Raven is a god.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Well, yes. Raven has a good point.

Offline Vretsu

I think it eluded your attention that this is just a joke.

The irony burns deep into my soul. I was joking, too.

Most destroyers of any merit whatsoever also have wise-cracking, invulnerable wingmen to back up their respective Alpha 1.

Yes, you can clearly tell that I'm being completely serious. I mean, come on, you could at least read the post before you dole out incisive backhands!

*channels waves of pure hatred through the interwebery*

« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 11:40:22 pm by Vretsu »

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
While it amuses me greatly...

It is not, as we have proved, the man that matters. It is merely the callsign. It is enough to call someone Alpha 1.

New campaigns change that... I prefer Gamma 1 or Delta 1 :D
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I wonder what happens when the player ship isn't Alpha 1... But Kappa 1? Does he become a demigod too?

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
No matter the class, size or name of hte ship..as long as the player flies it, it's invincible.

*The universe was saved again by Xyixlon 2, flying off the GTD Sourpuss*

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
What about Skull Alpha 1? (From "Love the Treason...")

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
In some campaigns you have whole invulnerable elite squadrons :D