Author Topic: SW Ref pics, full pack  (Read 5112 times)

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
SW Ref pics, full pack
mmmk, here ya go, all 836 MB of it (857 MB uncompressed), in PNG format.

EDIT: Updated, plz re-download the link for # 3... srry about that.. :(

1) Get a good Bittorrent client.  I recommend uTorrent (yes, it is supposed to work under WINE...), if not that, then Azureus is good, but it is a bit bloated... but, for Azureus, you also need Sun Java.

2) Make sure that your Bittorrent client's port is forwarded. 
   a. You'll need a static IP (inside your router's or modem's network, your computer must have an assigned IP... www.portforward.com has good tuts on getting a static IP).
   b. Now, forward your port, see portforward's guide for forwarding ports - select your router, then select the program (uTorrent or Azureus) that you will be using.
   c. Go to http://www.speedtest.net/ , disable any uploads / downloads / streaming music (anything using Internet bandwidth) and run that test, divide both results by 8 to convert to KiloBytes instead of Kilobits, and write down your results for future reference.  eg:

Dividing both by 8 gives me: 1,238 KiloBytes(KB)/sec down and 81 KiloBytes(KB)/sec up

3) Download this (if you can't, then PM me with a way to send a small [< 300 KB] file to you); open it with uTorrent or Azureus.

4) Pick a location to save the file.  After it is done, leave uTorrent or Azureus running, at least until your share ratio is 1.000 or above... leaving it on for longer will help me.  Now, if it is giving you connection problems, right-click ontop of the upload speed displayed on the status bar at the bottom of the main screen, and set it lower... say for example, one half or one quarter, or even 1/10th of your maximum upload speed that you wrote down earlier.

5) After the file is completely downloaded, while you are still uploading (called "seeding"), you can still access the file and use it.  (ie, unzip it)
   a. If you don't already have it, you will need 7-Zip, or the latest version of WinRAR, to open this file.  WinZip should have updated to include this file format by now, but I'm not sure if they have.  If not, then :p to them!
   b. The question you will want to ask me when you open the file can be answered by remembering that the name of the file is SWC_ReF , and also remembering that in some cases, things are case-sensitive!  ;)

6) If you don't already have it, get IrfanView, and remember to look at the pictures in fullscreen without altering their aspect ratio, for best effect.

7) Questions?  Comments?  Suggestions?  Requests for more shots of a specific area?  Problems?  Post away!!  ;)

EDIT: OK, if you are really pressed for disk space and/or bandwidth, I've done the same thing I did before, except I used highest-quality .JPG format.  This reduced the size to 424 MB compressed, 431 MB uncompressed.  I will post comparison shots later, to show you why you don't want to get this version, unless you really have to... ALSO!! the .JPG torrent has the same folder structure as the .PNG torrent, so pick a different location from the .PNG files when you extract it if you also have the .PNG torrent.  Linky.  Same answer to question as before, remember some things are case-sensitive, and that the file name is SWC_ReF_JPG  . 

EDIT: to compare .JPG with .PNG: http://www.wfu.edu/~matthews/misc/jpg_vs_gif/JpgCompTest/ (Just keep in mind that thes are computer-generated images that I'm uploading, and read all of the notes in that site.)

EDIT2: Upped the .PNG version to MediaFire, after 3 tries I finally succeeded!  :D

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9

These contain the 7-zip file in the .PNG torrent.. so you can extract it, then tell your torrent client to download to the same location; you torrent client will find the file, check it, and then begin seeding.  You can do this if you wish to help the torrent.  ;)

EDIT3: Upped the .JPG version to MediaFire

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5

These contain the 7-zip file in the .JPG torrent.. so you can extract it, then tell your torrent client to download to the same location; your torrent client will find the file, check it, and then begin seeding.  You can do this if you wish to help the torrent.  ;)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 11:52:22 am by jr2 »

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
For some reason, the trackers were not separated by line breaks and utorrent was throwing a fit until I fixed it.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline rsaxvc

• rsaxvc
post updated .torrent?

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Just did... sorry.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Double post, but just mentioning that I have finally fixed it, and it is working at this point.  (Had to forward a UDP port, in addition to the TCP port.  So, try now, it will work.  ;)

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Yup, it's working for me now, feel free to join in the fun.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Offline BS403

• I'm just sitting in my Cave.
i started downloading.
edit: doesn't seem to be any seeds right now, but i'll leave it runiing while i go to class.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 08:24:31 am by BS403 »
http://woogleville.myminicity.com/

Homer: Aw, twenty dollars! I wanted a peanut!
Homer's Brain: Twenty dollars can buy many peanuts.
Homer: Explain how.
Homer's Brain: Money can be exchanged for goods and services.
Homer: Woo-hoo!

Offline aRaven

why don't you split it in 200mb parts and up it on rapidshare or megaupload and such?

its faster that way for the downloaders

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
I am seeding, and have been all night.  Did you get the most recent version of the torrent?  I'm pretty sure I got my port forwarding set up, but you may need to make sure you have Bittorrent encryption enabled to connect to me.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
why don't you split it in 200mb parts and up it on rapidshare or megaupload and such?

its faster that way for the downloaders

Fact of the matter is, I am running low on hard disk space, with the .PNGs in the original folders, the .7z file... at least I deleted the .bmps, they were HUGE... I have a ton of stuff on my HD, and I need to resize my partitions to get more space on this one... can't even defrag properly at this point. :ick:  I will try to do a multi-part upload at some point... but there are currently AFAIK 3 seeders going on that torrent.  Me, chief, and one other (rsaxvc?)... your combined download rate from us should be around 170KB/sec - 270KB/sec, more or less.  That's really not all that bad.  If you still can't get the torrent, post what BT client you are using (including version number from Help > About), and I'll see what I can do.  Also, make sure you got the latest version of the torrent that I uploaded (the one that I put up an hour and a half after the original torrent).

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Upped a .JPG torrent, modified first post and quoted it here:

EDIT: OK, if you are really pressed for disk space and/or bandwidth, I've done the same thing I did before, except I used highest-quality .JPG format.  This reduced the size to 424 MB compressed, 431 MB uncompressed.  I will post comparison shots later, to show you why you don't want to get this version, unless you really have to... ALSO!! the .JPG torrent has the same folder structure as the .PNG torrent, so pick a different location from the .PNG files when you extract it if you also have the .PNG torrent.  Linky.  Same answer to question as before, remember some things are case-sensitive, and that the file name is SWC_ReF_JPG  .

EDIT: to compare .JPG with .PNG: http://www.wfu.edu/~matthews/misc/jpg_vs_gif/JpgCompTest/ (Just keep in mind that thes are computer-generated images that I'm uploading, and read all of the notes in that site.)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 08:19:26 pm by jr2 »

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
EDIT2: Upped the .PNG version to MediaFire, after 3 tries I finally succeeded!  :D

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9

These contain the 7-zip file in the .PNG torrent.. so you can extract it, then tell your torrent client to download to the same location; you torrent client will find the file, check it, and then begin seeding.  You can do this if you wish to help the torrent.  ;)

EDIT3: Upped the .JPG version to MediaFire

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5

These contain the 7-zip file in the .JPG torrent.. so you can extract it, then tell your torrent client to download to the same location; your torrent client will find the file, check it, and then begin seeding.  You can do this if you wish to help the torrent.  ;)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 11:54:04 am by jr2 »

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Cool, thanks jr2.

Offline BS403

I'm seeding the original version if anyone still wants to download it. However i haven't looked at the images yet because i didn't get 7-zip

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Well what are you waiting for?  It's free!  http://www.7-zip.org/

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
I'm seeding the original version if anyone still wants to download it. However i haven't looked at the images yet because i didn't get 7-zip

I knew I should've included it in the archive!  Oh, wait... :nervous:

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Of course, it could have been in the torrent.  That's the beauty of torrents.  Granted, seeding it un-zipped might have also proven useful, then people could pick and choose images.  For the jpeg one at least, that wouldn't have hurt a whole lot.  I don't know what gain was made on the .pngs by archiving them.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
..About 20MB  XD

The main reason I archived was the password-protect.  Don't rly need LA or worse snooping through it.

Offline BS403

i can download the free 7-zip program when i feel like it. I'm just feeling lazy right now.