Author Topic: RELEASE: Storm Front I - Prophecy  (Read 26053 times)

Offline SF-Junky

• Bread can mold, what can you do?
RELEASE: Storm Front I - Prophecy
Storm Front I has been re-released. Be check out this thread http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=67097.0
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 11:22:06 am by SF-Junky »

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Re: RELEASE: Storm Front I - Prophecy
Cool.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Sounds like fun.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Plays like a professional campaign. A few mistakes here and there (plus a bit of untranslated German) but I respect that it's a lot of hard work trying to translate an entire campaign, and then get rid of all the grammar hiccups (trust me, I've tried).

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
That's one of your campaigns, finally in English. Nice, SF-Junky! :D
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline SF-Junky

Plays like a professional campaign. A few mistakes here and there (plus a bit of untranslated German) but I respect that it's a lot of hard work trying to translate an entire campaign, and then get rid of all the grammar hiccups (trust me, I've tried).
Thanks, that's exactly the kind of comment I'd expected. :D In the future I will surely do another overwork of SF1, but atm I'm focusing on finishing and translating the second part, and several other projects. And before I forget: Thanks for highlighting the thread, karajorma. :cool:

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Not a problem.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

I really like this campaign, it seems really well done.  Although there were grammar mistakes, they were understandable and also minor and easily tolerable.  Maybe I'll go through and correct mistakes, or translate if I can (I know some German).  Keep up the good work.

Offline SF-Junky

Thank you, Jake. Feel free to correct any mistakes  - to be honest, I actually hoped that somebody would volunteer for that task. :D

EDIT: Oops, I just remembered that there is also a nodemap available. But be careful, there is a major Spoiler for "Storm Front II"!!!! Download Nodemap
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 02:42:02 pm by SF-Junky »

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Not bad...stzill havn't finished it...some missions are friggin hard, eve nfor me..has to do with the timing as you sometimes have to defend 2-3 targets that are on the oposite sides of the battlefield.
Fast fighters are cruical in this campaign. You need to work on your timing a bit...and when you make such demangin mission, it would be prudent to not flag "protect every single ship" as a primary objective...rather make a it a bonus or something.

Other than thata good campaing with a polished feel. Translation could use some more work.

EDIT - Damn, I was playing the mission where you have to defend the Constellation from that corvette & bombers..and 3 times in a row at the end of the mission I was sliced by a beam. I allready started to think it was a sexp triggering that fired a beam at me...LOL
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Not bad...stzill havn't finished it...some missions are friggin hard, eve nfor me..has to do with the timing as you sometimes have to defend 2-3 targets that are on the oposite sides of the battlefield.
Fast fighters are cruical in this campaign. You need to work on your timing a bit...and when you make such demangin mission, it would be prudent to not flag "protect every single ship" as a primary objective...rather make a it a bonus or something.

Other than thata good campaing with a polished feel. Translation could use some more work.

EDIT - Damn, I was playing the mission where you have to defend the Constellation from that corvette & bombers..and 3 times in a row at the end of the mission I was sliced by a beam. I allready started to think it was a sexp triggering that fired a beam at me...LOL

I would definately agree.  Having to restart over and over is especially annoying when FSOpen takes like 3 minutes to load the mission.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
and hte mission before the very last one - the departure trigger doesn't trigger.

And hte mission where you have to capture the Cairo installation? It's a whole new level of difficult.

You got to do like 10 opposing thigs at the same time - did you even playtest this thing?

How am I supposed to disarm the stations main guns (lots of HP, quite a few guns, no cyclops available), doge a whole lot of fighters, protect my frigate (thats shot at by hte station and 2 other enemy warships) and protect 2 transports (that can be shot at by the station, enemy warships and 3-4 enemy fighter wings that pop up)??

I edited the mission and added one more friendly wing and gave the transports 3 times the HP.. Still failed, since the frigate was destroyed.
It stoped being fun and became irritati. I mananged to beat it tough, but it was really too much, since the transports don't wait.

They jump in in the middle of the fight and by that time you must have disarmed both the station and the enemy corvette, which is a royal pain in the butt..

Offline SF-Junky

Hm... what specific mission do you mean here?

nd hte mission where you have to capture the Cairo installation? It's a whole new level of difficult.

You got to do like 10 opposing thigs at the same time - did you even playtest this thing?

How am I supposed to disarm the stations main guns (lots of HP, quite a few guns, no cyclops available), doge a whole lot of fighters, protect my frigate (thats shot at by hte station and 2 other enemy warships) and protect 2 transports (that can be shot at by the station, enemy warships and 3-4 enemy fighter wings that pop up)??

I edited the mission and added one more friendly wing and gave the transports 3 times the HP.. Still failed, since the frigate was destroyed.
It stoped being fun and became irritati. I mananged to beat it tough, but it was really too much, since the transports don't wait.

They jump in in the middle of the fight and by that time you must have disarmed both the station and the enemy corvette, which is a royal pain in the butt..
On what skill level are you playing? Maybe the missions are a bit too optimized for "medium". I will have a look at the Cairo capture mission again, but I never had great problems to disarm the installation in time with my Trebs and Stilettos. You can ignore the Khyra'Wher btw. The Lima should deal with the corvette on her own.

And, btw, I think that your FoW-Campaign isn't very easy, too. Actuallay, I could say the very same things about it, as far as I have played it yet. ;-)

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
On what skill level are you playing? Maybe the missions are a bit too optimized for "medium". I will have a look at the Cairo capture mission again, but I never had great problems to disarm the installation in time with my Trebs and Stilettos. You can ignore the Khyra'Wher btw. The Lima should deal with the corvette on her own.

I played on medium. Yeah, normally the Lima should do the trick but  she was defanged by the station and corvette.

And, btw, I think that your FoW-Campaign isn't very easy, too. Actuallay, I could say the very same things about it, as far as I have played it yet. ;-)

Rly? Which missions? I had it play-tested by several people ...no one complained. there were a few missions I deliberately made a bit harder, but nothing too hard tough.

I played on medium. Yeah, normally the Lima should do the trick but  she was defanged by the station and corvette.

Rly? Which missions? I had it play-tested by several people ...no one complained. there were a few missions I deliberately made a bit harder, but nothing too hard tough.

The mission here you had to protect the Memphis was pretty tough, as well as the mission at the civilian installation (FoW)

Offline SF-Junky

So, I've done a li'll overwork over "Swichting off the Light" and "Hot Zone". Should work now. Just re-download the StormFront1_missions.7z from the link in the first post. :)

In every mission, to be honest (Now I hang in the mission with the Blue Point Installation). I don't like these "Fight of 10 waves of alle the same five wings" missions. But I also have to admit that I'm not that a good pilot. That's the reason why I wonder a bit that there a people having difficulty probs with SF. Until today I thought that my campaign would be one of the easier ones. I even estimated that people would complain that it is too easy.  :warp:

But I'm happy that at least somebody played it at all.  :nod:

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Now that is indeed a hard mission.

Just FYI, alltough that superliner is in the directive you can ignore it. If it goes boom is not your fault as Beta wing is assigned to guard it.

Basicly, just get to the convoy as fast as possible and shoot down bombs, and when the bombers attack the station kill em fast and return to the convoy.

Now that is indeed a hard mission.

Just FYI, alltough that superliner is in the directive you can ignore it. If it goes boom is not your fault as Beta wing is assigned to guard it.

Basicly, just get to the convoy as fast as possible and shoot down bombs, and when the bombers attack the station kill em fast and return to the convoy.

yeah, thats how i beat it, it just took a few tries, also the mission where the fury escapes is difficult

Offline Tyrian

• Dangerous When Thinking
I've got a problem.  In the mission On A Silken Thread, I can play up to the part where the Lima jumps in, but when it does, it's a Ulysses, not a capital ship.  I'm apparently missing something.  Does anyone know if it's the model or the table file?  If so, then is there a way I can get it.

BTW, I'm using FSO 3.6.9, installed with Turey's installer.
Want to be famous?  Click here and become a playing card!!!

Bush (Verb) -- To do stupid things with confidence.

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address occurred during the same week.  This is an ironic juxtaposition of events--one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, while the other involves a groundhog.

Bumper stickers at my college:
"Republicans for Voldemort!"
"Frodo failed.  Bush got the Ring."

Resistance is futile!  (If < 1 ohm...)

"Any nation which sacrifices a little liberty for a little security deserves neither and loses both." -- Benjamin Franklin

Sig rising...