Author Topic: multi 3.6.10, what build.....and where to get it  (Read 9590 times)

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
multi 3.6.10, what build.....and where to get it
as far as i understand atm we should be using the 3/14 build or newer of the 3.6.10 builds

this is a taylors xt build......

it can be found here......

http://icculus.org/~taylor/fso/willrobinson/Xt0314-win32.rar

and heres a new one.......

=http://swc.fs2downloads.com/files/fso-20080514_CHIEF_4619.7z right click save target as......

both the 4618/4619 builds have a cycling premier weapons issue, also not always visable on server list ( mantised)

heres a kara build , .............

http://www.freespacefaq.com/Misc-Downloads/Builds/OrderPriorities.7z

and heres a linux build

http://www.youshare.com/view.php?file=fs2_open_4615.tgz

and if i havent messed up heres a mac build........

http://freespace.flatdisc.net/FS2_Open_r4611_0501.7z   (right click save target as)

and another mac build......
http://freespace.flatdisc.net/FS2_Open_rev4619_0515.app.7z

right click save target as....

hope that helps

latest is kara build ...............; updated saturday 24th may
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 04:43:24 am by andicirk »
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Re: multi 3.6.10, what build.....and where to get it
I'd suggest the most recent trunk build, posted by chief.  Then we can actually bug test what's going into 3.6.10

That'd be this one:

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,53473.0.html
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 03:55:12 am by MP-Ryan »
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Shade

Given that the names of chief's exes contain the segment "3_6_9" in them, I'd suggest not using them for 3.6.10 games. Unless he just messed up the naming, you won't get anywhere.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
He said he checked it out of SVN, and as 3.6.9 has been released as a final build, I'm assuming that he meant 3.6.10.  You're the SCP guy, correct me if I'm wrong =)
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Shade

Well, as far as MP is concerned, only one thing matters. It needs to have the connection info for the test server hard coded into it to overrule the config file as the 3.6.10 server daemon is run seperately from the rest.

If chief's builds will connect to the 3.6.10 server, they should be good to go. But if they can do that, then they won't ever be able to connect to the 3.6.9 server, and so the 3.6.9 tag on them would be rather misleading.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr

Offline captain-custard

mmmmm confusion, it has a 3.6.9 tag, it doesnt have normal maps but neither does it have jpg/tga textures , it logs in on 3.6.10.......

so its a strange cookie..............
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Normal maps aren't in SVN. They're only in the xt builds.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline jedimasterseth

• ~#fLinT#~
    • MySpace
we could tryout 3.6.10 on wednesday if u want andi
Jedimasterseth a.k.a FLINT

Offline captain-custard

Normal maps aren't in SVN. They're only in the xt builds.

ok thank you for educating me , but i dont see the point in testing chiefs build atm , i thought the idea of 3.6.10 was to be able to play with graphics ago go, and going back to square cartoon ships doesnt interest me........, svn doesnt have the jpg/tga option either....?

we could tryout 3.6.10 on wednesday if u want andi

that be great at least that way youll never catch me up , i hate not being able to save stats i lost 2 medals , commander status and 8000 points last night.......

Offline jedimasterseth

• ~#fLinT#~
    • MySpace
well its gonna have to be 3.6.9 then... :-D
Jedimasterseth a.k.a FLINT

Offline captain-custard

well its gonna have to be 3.6.9 then... :-D

then youll be doing your favourite thing , holding middle wicket

Offline Shade

Jpg/tga is enabled by default in newer builds, that's why it isn't showing up.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
ok thank you for educating me , but i dont see the point in testing chiefs build atm , i thought the idea of 3.6.10 was to be able to play with graphics ago go, and going back to square cartoon ships doesnt interest me...

I will be similarly uninterested in your complaints if you find bugs in any multi code I added to SVN since the last xt build. :p

The longer it is between a coder adding a bug and someone spotting it, the longer it takes them to fix it. If you can't be bothered to test the code, don't. But don't be surprised that the coder responsible doesn't consider your later request for a big fix a priority when you finally get around to it.

Graphics whore :p
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Shade

At any rate, several players did use one of chief's builds last night, and several bugs were found and reported. Still, the point is valid:

The whole reason we used 3.6.10 last night was to find bugs, not because it's prettier. Keep in mind that the 3.6.10 we were using was not 3.6.10 final, but one of a number of test builds leading up to the release of the final version. And that final version won't be released until any major bugs are found, reported and eventually fixed, the first two of which being the reason we used 3.6.10 last night :)

And if the only reason to use 3.6.10 was that it was prettier, I think many people would opt to play 3.6.9 instead so they could improve their stats instead of having them constantly tossed as was the case saturday ;)

Offline MP-Ryan

• Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
At any rate, several players did use one of chief's builds last night, and several bugs were found and reported. Still, the point is valid:

The whole reason we used 3.6.10 last night was to find bugs, not because it's prettier. Keep in mind that the 3.6.10 we were using was not 3.6.10 final, but one of a number of test builds leading up to the release of the final version. And that final version won't be released until any major bugs are found, reported and eventually fixed, the first two of which being the reason we used 3.6.10 last night :)

Which is exactly what I tried telling those people using the Xt builds last night while Castor and I were using the latest one from Chief :P

Apparently the host *cough cough cough* needs to reign in the players and tell them to use the latest build =)

Offline Shade

It's hard enough to get everyone to use 3.6.10, so frankly, I'll take what I can get :p

Offline captain-custard

i did use the chief build for 4 games last night but as it had the serious bug of not being able to change the primary weapons (in game) i found my self getting kicked to death a little , and also i did take the time before the game to contact the host and  pre test the build for major game stopping bugs ...........

yes i am a graphics whore, this i admit ,but i try as much as possible to be there for bug testing of all multi player ... be it fs2, babylon project etc.......

the sole problem is that mantis refuses to send me a password so i post bugs here or i ask someone else if they can

i think a good idea for all the coders who have builds to be tested in multi that they post a link herefor its dl and that way its easier to see when new builds are available.........

Offline captain-custard

ive updated the links at the top of page , they are the latest builds i hope , if you know of any others pls pm me and ill modify my post....

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
God I didn't know a naming screwup could cause so much confusion :P

Yeah it was my first post, I didn't notice that it said 3.6.9 in the filename.  Guess everyone else has been changing them by hand.  Anything in SVN will be considered at least 3.6.10, unless they add the original 3.6.9 source in manually to a separate branch, but anything called 'trunk' will always be the latest code.

Thanks for doing so much bughunting, I'll hopefully put more builds out periodically to fill the gaps between testing releases from actual coders.

andicirk, I had trouble registering for mantis too.  Somehow I put my password in the email field, Goober had to fix it for me.  Might try contacting him, he can probably fix whatever's wrong with your account.

That primary weapons thing is Mantised right?
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline captain-custard

That primary weapons thing is Mantised right?

as far as i know mp ryan did this and i re downloaded your build, and tested all be it alone in multiplayer and was able to cyle primary weapons...... so for me its fixed

i will try to contact goober to sort out the mantis thing ..............

thanks