Author Topic: MODs, TBMs and debug mode  (Read 1998 times)

Offline SF-Junky

• Bread can mold, what can you do?
MODs, TBMs and debug mode
Basically, this is the continuation of this threat, but since this whole thing has become a bit more complicated, I allow myself to open a new one.

So...
A few days ago, I decided to use .tbms prospectively, instead of changing the .tbl directly. So I transfered all table-changes into a -shp.tbm and a -wep.tbm. The original .tbl I'm currently just using to change the order of the entries.
But after I had done so, I always got those two error messages when I try to start a mission:

Code: [Select]
Error: Can't open model file <>
File: ModelRead.cpp
Line: 1995

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------

Error: Verify failure: Vbuf0 != NULL

File: 3ddraw.cpp
Line: 451

Call stack:

The funny thing about this is that those masseges now still occur even when I remove all .tbms from my mod's tables folder and just use my original modified ships.tbl and weapons.tbl. This makes me to believe that the problem doesn't have its origin in the .tbm themselves.

I then wanted to run the game in debug mode, but then I can't even start the game at all, because this appears:

Warning: Type of weapon SRed entry does not agree with original entry type.
File: Weapons.cpp
Line: 2096

Call stack:
    parse_weaponstbl()    parse_modular_table()    weapon_init()    game_init()    game_main()    WinMain()    WinMainCRTStartup()    kernel32.dll 7c817067()

When I go to "no", it switches through the following beams: SAAA, LRed, BFRed, AAAf, AAAh, S-AAA-Weak, Ultra-Anti-fighter-beam time and again. This even occours when I remove the weapons.tbl from my mod's folder. Since it's a Great War era mod, it then should use the FSPort's weapons.tbl which doesn't include those beam weapons. But still, that very same error massage appears.

Its exasperating!!! I just don't know what else to do! I can't see what I've done wrong. Meanwhile, I also changed StormFront12 to shp.tbm, and there it works just perfectly. Launching FS2 in debug mode without any mods also works (except some message that there are too many sections in BFRed, but that can be clicked away).

Offline Topgun

Re: MODs, TBMs and debug mode
add +nocreate to your tbm's enteries that have weapons or ships that should already be in one of the tbls.

Offline SF-Junky

I'm sorry for being stroppy, but: Read the first post. I am not that stupid. ;)

Offline SF-Junky

YES! Was just able to solve to problem! It was because the "$model file:" line lacked in the Fury tbl entry. I have no idea how that one got deleted nor why it worked with the old .tbl...