Author Topic: Earth Alliance Civil War : missions 1 and 2 :  (Read 11537 times)

Offline Skullar

Earth Alliance Civil War : missions 1 and 2 :
It was always meant to be a 3-mission teaser, but due to the desertion of a crucial voiceactor who simply disappeared I decided to leave it with this first mission.

The mission is en entire cutscene and has no playable part at all, credits are only placeholders so far.
it was made to give you an impression of the atmosphere EACW wants to create.

Download it here : http://babylon.hard-light.net/CivilWar/EACW_mission_1_teaser.vp

Also : mission 2 : http://babylon.hard-light.net/CivilWar/EACW_mission_2_teaser.vp

Teaser:  http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y42qpVQO0o

« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 09:11:40 pm by FUBAR-BDHR »

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Re: Earth Alliance Civil War : mission 1 teaser HERE :
I recommend everyone downloads this. If you like it, and you will, give Skullar the support he needs with regards to voice acting if you want to see more of this astonishingly high quality work.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Nordwin

well, that was one awesome cutscene! I really liked it, and can't wait for more (if you still need voice actors, I could send you a sample with my voice, so that you can see whether or not you can use it...)

but... Since I don't really know alot about TBP in terms of graphic effects, I am not sure if it's normal that way: why can I see stars in hyperspace? I've never seen those in any other TBP mission (maybe I just didn't pay attention then, because I was flying)... If it were possible to remove those, this cutscene would be even better.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
you can see stars in Hyperspace because Skullar forgot to use a text editor to set them to zero.

anyway, great teaser.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Skullar

Did I upload the wrong vp-file ???? damnit !

Well, actual mission has no stars, so just ignore.

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
great teaser.

Yep  :yes:

great work, Skullar!

Offline Nordwin

Did I upload the wrong vp-file ???? damnit !

Well, actual mission has no stars, so just ignore.

well, that could explain it... if there are no stars in the final, if have nothing to say but: very good job Skullar!

Offline Kassad

• Rock the Casbah!
    • http://kassad86.deviantart.com/
Great job, also nice soundtrack  :yes:

Nice Teaser, nice RW-references, nice work.

As for voice acting, if you want me to send a sample, send me a message.
Ride! Ride now! Ride for death, ride for ruin!
And the world's ending!

Offline LeGuille

• Formerly known as Rejindo
  • I made a box for you! Now, think outside of it.
To make sure: I just drop the .vp file into the main TBP folder, correct?
4 "Beware of the truth.... Although much sought after, truth can be dangerous to the seeker." -- God-Emperor Leto II, God Emperor of Dune

Offline Nordwin

that's what I did and it worked... you just have to open it through the mission simulator....

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
The preferred installation method would be to create a folder under your main TBP folder and put it there (EACW or Skullar would be good choices).  Then set the mod in the launcher to that directory.  This keeps your TBP installation clean and easier to support if something does go wrong. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Anyone fancy posting this on youtube?
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline LeGuille

• Formerly known as Rejindo
  • I made a box for you! Now, think outside of it.
Little late to post, but I was very very impressed by the video. The scripting and conversation between the scenes was really neat. The story itself is really enhanced by the voice-acting and the cinematic gives it a really strong emphasis when it comes to overall character development. Awesome!

One thing, though. You may want to disable keyboard commands or something, because Shift-. can really mess up the cinematic
4 "Beware of the truth.... Although much sought after, truth can be dangerous to the seeker." -- God-Emperor Leto II, God Emperor of Dune

Offline Skullar

right. used it pretty much to set up timing... though.... lol

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
If you want I can upload it to the ModDB page or if you have an account over there let me know your login and I'll send you an invite to the group. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Skullar

I have no account, but a 5 minute teaser is not worth being uploaded. Youtubing the video as ingame footage is a better idea :)

I am busy assembling voiceacting scripts.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Well it wouldn't hurt to put the video both places.  Got to be better then my in game screenshot slide show that's currently up.  Besides downloaded are starting to taper off and new content will bump us to the front page.  Front page = free advertising = more downloads.   ;7

Offline Skullar

Well, you do as you want to.... I am satisfied with visiting THIS forum at moment :)

Glad you all liked it people and thanks for the recommendations.

EACW is a campaign that emphasis atmopshere, and mission 1 was necessary to give a strong start, so people don't loose interest before even starting to play the campaign.

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
Skullar,

If you can use me great, if not don't worry about it.
Samples: http://www.4shared.com/file/66445503/3248397d/Getters_samples.html
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)