Author Topic: Relentless Progress Update Thread  (Read 9528 times)

Offline KappaWing

• Lost in the nebula
Relentless Progress Update Thread

Since the demo was released over three years ago, much has changed on the Relentless front. Some very strong positive and negative life events ground progress to a standstill for what seemed like aeons, but now things are back into high gear.

- The campaign will now be SCP only. (Sorry vanillaspacers, but there came a point where it became too compromising for the quality of the campaign to continue using retail FRED.)

- The campaign will feature several exclusive (as far as I'm aware) new ships:
GTD Orion Phase II
GTD Raynor
GTCv Chimera
CTCt Pirahna
GVB Anhur
GVC Mafdet
GVF Ptah
GVXC Ammit
GVXD Apep
Mystery Shivan Ships (oooo!)

- The orginal length of the campaign (51 missions) has been cut in half. However, missions tend to be very long and multi-segmented, so it should still feel like a very extensive campaign.

- I have also grown much in my FRED skills, so many of the missions were redone structure wise and SEXP-wise. No, still no directives, but if you pay attention to messages you won't have any problem knowing what to do.

- Here is a link to the old trailer. It is no longer hosted on google video, but it is now available for download on filefront.
http://files.filefront.com/Relentless+Trailer+No+1wmv/;12166468;/fileinfo.html

- The demo is no longer available. It was riddled with countless problems anyway. Quite an embarrassment.

- There will be no voice acting, but there will be beta testing. prospective beta testers are encouraged to contact me over PM. Don't hold your breath, though. It will be at least a few months before the campaign will be ready to be released to beta testers. Please Apply!

- This is the progress of my missions.
This part of this post will be constantly updated.

XC-01 Complete
XC-02 Complete
XC-03 Complete
XC-04 Complete
XC-05 Complete
XC-06 Complete
XC-07 Complete
XC-08 Complete
XC-09 Complete
XC-10 Complete
XC-11 Complete
XC-12 Complete
XC-13 Complete
XC-14 Complete
XC-15 Complete
XC-16 Complete
XC-17 Complete
XC-18 Complete
XC-19 Complete
XC-20 Complete
XC-21 Complete
XC-22 Complete
XC-23 Complete
XC-24 Complete
XC-25 Complete

- Projected Release Date: December 2008 - February 2009
Progress Permanently Stalled Until Next MediaVP Release.

Progress Resumed: December 10 (New MediaVPs have fixed the relevant bugs)

Beta Released! Please volunteer for Beta testing!

I hope you guys are looking forward to this as much as I am.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 02:17:16 pm by KappaWing »
"Your efforts to interdict me have failed, papacy. Pentagon, engage propaganda drive."
"Now, Protestant scum, you will see the power of this fully armed and operational Papal Station!"

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Re: Relentless Progress Update Thread
I know this may seem a bit idiotic, but...it's "Betelgeuse"... ;)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline KappaWing

• Lost in the nebula
I know this may seem a bit idiotic, but...it's "Betelgeuse"... ;)

I recommend you take up the issue with IceFire.  :)

"Your efforts to interdict me have failed, papacy. Pentagon, engage propaganda drive."
"Now, Protestant scum, you will see the power of this fully armed and operational Papal Station!"

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
"Betelguse", "Dubbe" and "Aldebarran" are the only incorrect spellings I notice.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline KappaWing

• Lost in the nebula
Its an ancient banner anyway. I will make a flashier one for the final release.  ;)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Alphard goes to Alphard... Unless of course this is an intra-system jump node that is major or long-distance enough to have a place on an inter-system nodemap.

And what do you mean by "exclusive"? I've seen and have fought all those ships before (except for the SD oooo!. Never heard of that ship).

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Yeah, your exclusive ships aren't very exclusive, but I'm excited to hear of another campaign on the horizon. Keep it coming!

Also, your progress meter is very encouraging.

Offline KappaWing

• Lost in the nebula
I don't know of any major mods these ships have been used in.

Except the Raynor and Chimera in Blue Planet, which I just remembered. Bah.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
And the Orion Phase II.

The others, however, might -- to my limited knowledge! -- be exclusives.

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Tania Austrailis.

Also, the spelling of Betelgeuse varies significantly between western european languages. In english it's Betelgeuse, in Finnish it's Betelgeuze, in German it's Beteigeuze... in the original arabic form (translitteration "yad al-jawzā") there's definitely a z rather than a soft s. Wikipedia has quite an interesting stuff about the origins of the spelling.
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
I know the Ammit and the Apep. IMO they need better textures(if you're using the old, original ones)...

Also, the spelling of Betelgeuse varies significantly between western european languages. In english it's Betelgeuse, in Finnish it's Betelgeuze, in German it's Beteigeuze...

And Betelgeuse in Italian...well, most variations are caused by languages and different pronunciations...I perfectly understand the German Beteigeuze...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
GVF Ptah is a stock ship. No way in hell it's exclusive.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline KappaWing

• Lost in the nebula
Dammit. I could have swore I put an extra Vasudan fighter in there. I didn't remember the Ptah so I assumed that was it. I suppose their there is no new Vasudan fighter then.

EDIT: Homonym fail

EDIT2: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,57464.msg1159309.html#msg1159309
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 02:21:11 pm by KappaWing »

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
I remember liking the demo of this. Good to hear it's still on the cards.

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
And in Filmlore it's ..........

Beetlejuice!

:lol: :yes:
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline Kie99

By "Winter 2009" are you referring to the Jan-March part of Winter or the December part?
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline KappaWing

• Lost in the nebula
By "Winter 2009" are you referring to the Jan-March part of Winter or the December part?

December to March is pretty much my window. The only thing that would delay it further is if no new mediavps come out until after March, since two of the completed missions and at least one planned mission are/will broken due to a critical bug in these latest media vps.

More details here:
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,57396.msg1157393.html#msg1157393

Also, notice I changed the phrase "mystery shivan ship" to "mystery shivan ships". There will be an entire new fleet of non-Inferno Shivan warships, fighters, and bombers. =)

EDIT:
I know the Ammit and the Apep. IMO they need better textures(if you're using the old, original ones)...
The ones I'm using are from roughly three and a half years ago. If there are new ones, please link me to them!  :)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 12:43:02 pm by KappaWing »

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Please remember, they're beta MediaVPs. The bug doesn't, so far as I know, exist in the stable 3.6.8 MediaVPs. So you could move ahead just fine using those.

Offline KappaWing

• Lost in the nebula
Please remember, they're beta MediaVPs. The bug doesn't, so far as I know, exist in the stable 3.6.8 MediaVPs. So you could move ahead just fine using those.

Ehhh, not quite. There are new models in the new media VPs that already caused me to make modifications to a mission. I gotta keep testing consistant to keep my campaign playable with what will become the latest content.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Hmm, that's a good policy. I stand corrected.