Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 618045 times)

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
Re: What are you playing right now?
It's a helluva awesome game. Got it all setup via laptop to TV so I've got the console couch experience with controller and smoother graphics!

The funny part is that the game said "Your specs are too low!" and I was all "Hell naw!" so I cranked to the max and started it up to see 60FPS 90% of the time goodness

Screw you auto check. Screw you
"No"

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Minecraft. Some idiots blew up my Mayan Temple a few days ago :(.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
finished Metro 2033.  I was expecting better based on hype/reviews.  Is last light better?
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
The funny part is that the game said "Your specs are too low!" and I was all "Hell naw!" so I cranked to the max and started it up to see 60FPS 90% of the time goodness

Screw you auto check. Screw you
My specs really are too low, and it told me as much, but it runs just fine on low detail, and it still manages to look just as good as the 360 version did.  Kudos to Remedy for a solid port.

With all the hype Dark Souls II has been getting, I'm checking out the first game.

Initial troubles with controller set-up were frustrating, and whoever designed keyboard controls for this game was an idiot. But, looks like the PC version comes with the DLC included, so that's nice. Once I actually got things working the controls are for the most part solid.

Games for Windows Live still exists? That's a surprise. Haven't touched my account on there for years. Fortunately it seems it was still active.

Game itself is fun. I've slowly been getting the hang of melee combat. Can't really figure out ranged weapons. Aiming them anywhere other than straight forward, that is, which limits their effectiveness by a long shot. I also like that death doesn't have too much consequence in a game where you're dying every ten minutes.

My main problem is I am never sure if I'm underlevelled for an encounter or if I just suck at combat. I also don't like the invading player mechanic. The leaving messages and summoning friendly players for help is kind of cool (when it actually works), but invading seems to serve no purpose other than being a dick to other players.

Then again I don't like PvP I can't opt out of in general, so that's probably why. (I'm aware I could play the game offline, but then I couldn't read the messages or summon help either.)
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline crizza

Started Dark Souls last christmas...was killed by skeletons after you escape the asylum, time and time again...haven't played ever since -.-

Hah, you went the wrong way.

There are much easier enemies in the other direction, since that's where you're supposed to head first.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion. Damned Orkulus!  :mad:

COME AT ME STARBASE BRO. I had one sit in a standoff with my system defenses for thirty minutes once...
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Recently picked up Wing Commander 3 for free at Origin, tried it out and was disappointed because it seems to forget my Gamepad Calibration during gameplay. So I had a look at their other games they have on there for free and came across Star Wars The Old Republic! downloaded and started to play, well I played almost all day yesterday (until midnight). I think I have found a new game to be addicted to!  :D :yes:

On Origin?  How did you find the freebies, I only saw the one :/

I'm lost in the epic sprawl of Battlefield 3 as it's so effing cheap at the moment.  Love doing my engineer thing.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
Recently picked up Wing Commander 3 for free at Origin, tried it out and was disappointed because it seems to forget my Gamepad Calibration during gameplay. So I had a look at their other games they have on there for free and came across Star Wars The Old Republic! downloaded and started to play, well I played almost all day yesterday (until midnight). I think I have found a new game to be addicted to!  :D :yes:

On Origin?  How did you find the freebies, I only saw the one :/

I'm lost in the epic sprawl of Battlefield 3 as it's so effing cheap at the moment.  Love doing my engineer thing.

There is only on that is "On the House" but there are others that are free to play, some browser based games and some that are "Free" to download and play, (but there are in game purchases).
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline deathfun

• Minecraft
FTL
Was going great
Then for the past fifteen runs things kept going "HEY **** YOU PLAYER"
I'm lucky if I make it to Sector 3, usually clinging onto life
"No"

Offline cahdoge

• Is a lubricated bug a butterfly?
Planetary annihilation.

KaBOOOOOOOOOOOMM!!!!!!!!!!
Understanding do you me?

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Planetary annihilation.

KaBOOOOOOOOOOOMM!!!!!!!!!!

It's out??
* Dekker rushes to yootoob
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline cahdoge

• Is a lubricated bug a butterfly?
Yes and no.
Its still under developement but you may buy a physical gamma version (Windows7 64 and 32, OSX 64,Linux 64 Ubuntu Mint).
Understanding do you me?

I'm beginning to see why Dark Souls gets so much acclaim. Now that I'm not fighting like a complete dumbass quite as much and have some half-decent equipment.

On the other hand, Sen's Fortress is my next challenge... and I have heard some really nasty things about it. Also those snake-head things seem to be a rather severe jump in armor-having, am I supposed to be doing so little damage?

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
installed all the unofficial patches for the skyrim DLC.  not quite convinced myself to dive back in yet.  also undecided about continuing my current character or starting over.  kinda want to try out other things, but also don't want the tedium of getting through everything again.  because i will want to do a FULL playthrough. 
I like to stare at the sun.

Get Alternate Start: Live Another Life.  It basically gives you a ton of new starting choices, all of them very different from starting in Helgan and being attacked by a dragon.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
FTL
Was going great
Then for the past fifteen runs things kept going "HEY **** YOU PLAYER"
I'm lucky if I make it to Sector 3, usually clinging onto life

Eh, at least you weren't stuck in the Final Boss's face and ran out of Pegasus Missiles... cripes, even with 50% dodge at that point, I couldn't do jack. I'd say get the Long Range Scanner if you can... makes enemy avoidance far easier (though the scrap rewards...).

I'm re-playing Half-Life 1 again, oh god, the Vortigaunt factory (for the record, Interloper is my most hated chapter in the entire Half-Life 1 arc).
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I'm re-playing Half-Life 1 again, oh god, the Vortigaunt factory (for the record, Interloper is my most hated chapter in the entire Half-Life 1 arc).
I just had to look up which part that was, and oh yeah, that was a *****.  I was thinking of starting a full HL replay one of these days, but I'm definitely not looking forward to Xen as a whole.

Offline deathfun

• Minecraft
I just had to look up which part that was, and oh yeah, that was a *****.  I was thinking of starting a full HL replay one of these days, but I'm definitely not looking forward to Xen as a whole.

Wait for Black Mesa to get their Xen figured out
"No"