Author Topic: Missing weapons  (Read 2727 times)

I've just bought FS1 and 2 off GOG. It seems there's meant to be a community installed, but it's currently not working? Instead, I have manually  installed Freespace Open, wxLauncher, and FSPort.

How come I don't have any weapons? I don't have any on my ship, and there are none to select from in the pre-mission weapon loadout.

I've just checked, and I'm not suffering this problem trying to play just the normal Freespace 2 campaign, so it can't be a problem with how I've installed Freespace Open.

I have FSPort installed at C:\Games\Freespace Open\fsport3_4, with fsport3_4.vp, fsport-missions.vp and sparky_hi_fs1.vp in that directory. As I understand, that's the minimum you need to be able to play. Not so?

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Please post your fs2_open.log file.  Instructions on how to do this can be found in this post.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Wow, that was quick! I wasn't expecting to get a reply so fast :)

When I run under those conditions, the game crashes when I try to view the weapon loadout pre-mission, with the following:

Assert: Polygon_models[num]->id == model_num
File: modelread.cpp
Line: 2999
Index collision between model fighter04.pof and requested model 0. Please backtrace and investigate.

<no module>! KiFastSystemCallRet
<no module>! WaitForSingleObject + 18 bytes
<no module>! SCP_DumpStack + 354 bytes
<no module>! WinAssert + 238 bytes
<no module>! model_get + 309 bytes
<no module>! draw_model_rotating + 3297 bytes
<no module>! weapon_select_do + 1492 bytes
<no module>! game_do_state + 632 bytes
<no module>! gameseq_process_events + 237 bytes
<no module>! game_main + 782 bytes
<no module>! WinMain + 330 bytes
<no module>! __tmainCRTStartup + 358 bytes
<no module>! WinMainCRTStartup + 15 bytes
<no module>! RegisterWaitForInputIdle + 73 bytes

(very nifty that it copies the error message to clipboard, by the way - I'm impressed!)

Interestingly, it didn't crash when I tried running again and jumping directly into the mission.

I've attached both logs. fs2_open.log is the one that crashed, fs2_open 2.log is the one that didn't.

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
It seems you are missing a LOT of files that FSPort needs to work.

Code: [Select]
Found root pack 'C:\Games\Freespace Open\fsport3_4\fsport-missions.vp' with a checksum of 0x0e155670
Found root pack 'C:\Games\Freespace Open\fsport3_4\fsport3_4.vp' with a checksum of 0x27404416
Found root pack 'C:\Games\Freespace Open\fsport3_4\sparky_hi_fs1.vp' with a checksum of 0x9548edb1

You need the stu, tango, odeon and warble packs as well, which can all be found here: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=84358.0
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Really? I went by http://fsport.hard-light.net/website/downloads.html, which lists those as voices, command briefing animations, cutscenes and music respectively. Surely if weapons are in one of those, they're in the wrong place...

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Why wouldn't you want to have those?

Anyway, they're definitely part of the full FSPort experience. I also cannot replicate the issue using the same setup; there may be an issue with the pilot profile you're using for the FSPort. Go to the data/players directory in the FS folder and delete any file whose name ends in ".freespace.csg", then try again.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

I don't have them because I've nearly burned through my internet quota for this month... I'll get them overnight :)

Ok, I'll try that pilot profile thing.

Well how about that. Deleting Hyerlynx.freespace.csg did the trick. Thanks!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I should clarify that your "minimum install" was correct.  The VPs for voices, command briefing animations, cutscenes, and music are not actually required to play FSPort.  But they do significantly enhance the experience. :)