Author Topic: I quit  (Read 24741 times)

Offline ShadowWolf_IH

• A Real POF Guy
    • CoW
Ok folks I am sorry to announce that as of this morning, I am no longer involved with the Machina Terra Project.  Real life has taken over and Styxx has refused to listen to reason on my time restrictions.  Upon my telling him that I would no longer be able to work on MT under the conditions he has set forth for me, he pulled his permission to make Origins a sequel to Machina Terra.

So, now not only am I no longer able to work with MT, but I have to cancel Origins.

To the rest of the staff and to the people waiting, i apologize for what I am now going to do.

Any and all of my work that is not in an alpha state is considered to be a Work in Progress, I am NOT realeasing any WiP of mine to MT.  That means that I am taking with me 37 Missions, 3 effects, and numberous POFs for the models.

Find someone else to do it for you.

You can't take the sky from me.  Can't take that from me.

Casualties of War

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Is this something that could be solved by sitting down and having a long chat?

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
On one level this is a positive thing. If you haven't got the time to finish something it's best to just throw it at someone else and run away sometimes. That's what I did with TBP:RW. If I hadn't it'd probably still be in development limbo. Withdrawing your work is a bit extreme though isn't it ShadowWolf? Aldo is right. You guys need to sort it out. You have put a lot of time and effort into this. To throw it away just because you're leaving seems a bit crazy. People leave TBP all the time. It's no big deal. I'm not blaming you dude, I don't know what's gone on. I would just like reason to prevail. ;)
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline neoterran

Maybe you could use the missions for a project that actually has a chance of being released ?  ;)
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline Skippy

• It's not a bug, it's a featureā„¢
    • FS/FS2 Campaigns List
Oh no  :(

Meh, isn't there any other options ?

I DON't want you to leave  :hopping:

:sigh:
MACHINA TERRA | FS/FS2 Campaigns list
Specs: Core2 Duo 2GHz, 2GB DDR2, 160GB HD, gfg7700 (Asus G1 Laptop)
Q9550, 4GB DDR2, 2x500GB HD (RAID1), RHD4870, X48-DS6, Corsair 620HX (Desktop)

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
I DON'T want you to leave  :hopping:

:wtf: If the guy has no time - the guy has no time.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Skippy

• It's not a bug, it's a featureā„¢
    • FS/FS2 Campaigns List
I DON'T want you to leave  :hopping:

:wtf: If the guy has no time - the guy has no time.

Forgot to add "like that" at the end, so -> "I DON'T want you to leave like that  :hopping:"
MACHINA TERRA | FS/FS2 Campaigns list
Specs: Core2 Duo 2GHz, 2GB DDR2, 160GB HD, gfg7700 (Asus G1 Laptop)
Q9550, 4GB DDR2, 2x500GB HD (RAID1), RHD4870, X48-DS6, Corsair 620HX (Desktop)

Offline Styxx

• Hard Light Productions
Well, that's just too bad. We have plenty of finished work besides those missions and POFs - missions, models, skyboxes, cutscenes, the works. The project will go on...
Probably away. Contact through email.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Seems an awful pity for the two of you to finish like this. I'm talking about this purely from the project side of things as I don't claim to know anything about your relationship or what happened. And while I'd certainly like to see you all return to work on MT, you've obviously reached this impass for a reason.

Maybe you can work something out in time, I hope so, if not, well, it's a shame it's happened either way.
Watch out for the Guns! They'll getcha!

Offline ShadowWolf_IH

• A Real POF Guy
    • CoW
at this stage....nope.  and i won't use those missions anyway

Casualties of War

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Well that's that then. RIP MT. This was the campaign I was looking forward to the most out of all those hosted on HLP. So it's time for the sad smiley  :( ;). Have fun with whatever you do next ShadowWolf.

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
Well that's that then. RIP MT. This was the campaign I was looking forward to the most out of all those hosted on HLP. So it's time for the sad smiley  :( ;). Have fun with whatever you do next ShadowWolf.

This is not the end we get it done:)

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Styxx

• Hard Light Productions
Ok, I suppose this has called attention to the fact that we have lots of stuff done already, but it's not really being funny or anything. None of the content will be lost. The project will be back on track as soon as I'm more advanced on my MSc dissertation project, which is taking all of my time right now, I can't even follow the forums properly anymore. And ShadowWolf can tell the rest of the story, 'cause I'm too busy.

But hey, all's sunny and calm on MT land as far as I'm concerned. It's siesta time. Since 2004, actually. But the afternoon shift should be starting soon. ;)
Probably away. Contact through email.

Offline ShadowWolf_IH

• A Real POF Guy
    • CoW
i won't bore you with the particulars......chalk this one up to another late April Fool's Day Joke...like the time that Raa said that MT cutscenes would be in streaming video....lol

Casualties of War

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
I was actually quite serious with that. :wtf:
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
Why I'am not too suprised :lol:

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
...What just happened here? :wtf:

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"