Author Topic: Mission 25... (spoilers obviously)  (Read 2231 times)

Offline Rooksx

Mission 25... (spoilers obviously)
This is the one where you have to kill the Adasya that's stopping ships from jumping. The one which is guarded by three Hertak Armageddons. How the heck do you get close enough to destroy it? Both times that I've got through the overly long dogfight at the beginning of the mission, the Zy that turn to me side get wiped out. Doesn't seem like there's anything I can do to prevent this. So it's left to me to somehow destroy the Adasya. Baffled. Any help appreciated.

Offline Deadly in a Shadow

• Buntu!
Re: Mission 25... (spoilers obviously)
This is the one where you have to kill the Adasya that's stopping ships from jumping. The one which is guarded by three Hertak Armageddons. How the heck do you get close enough to destroy it? Both times that I've got through the overly long dogfight at the beginning of the mission, the Zy that turn to me side get wiped out. Doesn't seem like there's anything I can do to prevent this. So it's left to me to somehow destroy the Adasya. Baffled. Any help appreciated.
Technically/logically, Fer43 (the good Zy guys) are the only ones that can destroy the Adasya due to their special armament. Order every ship you have to guard the Zy and protect them. You could use cheats to destroy the Adasya, but you would miss one of the most awesome moments in WoD.
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"
"Uh, Sir we can hear the explosion."
"No you can't, there is no air in space. Sound can't travel through a vacuum!"

Offline Rooksx

Interesting, I did order all my ships to protect one of the friendly Zy when trying to do this mission. They still got wiped out. Guess I need to fight harder. What ship and loadout do people recommend for this mission? Always seems to take me ages to kill Hertak fighters.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Order all your wingmen to follow you (C-3-8 IIRC) and then keep your fighter close to the HertakZy friendly wing, when the enemy is 2-3k's away C-3-9, that should do it.

EDIT: epic fail
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 01:51:05 pm by Rodo »
el hombre vicio...

Offline Deadly in a Shadow

• Buntu!
The Zy friendly wing ye mean.

EDIT: If that doesn't help, use Dragonslaves against the Hertak Ravagers attacking the Zy.
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"
"Uh, Sir we can hear the explosion."
"No you can't, there is no air in space. Sound can't travel through a vacuum!"

Offline -Norbert-

In my experience the biggest threat to the friendly Zy are the enemy Zy.
For me it usually works best to fly to the friendly Zy and mingle with them and as soon as the enemies jump in, charge at them with full speed. While approaching them I try to shoot down as many of the incoming Zy missiles as I can followed by the fighters who fired them. Only once all enemy Zy are dealt with, do I turn to the Ravagers.

Yeah, kill the enemy Zy. They're the real threat. You don't have to keep the friendly Zy alive for long, just long enough for them to launch their missiles.

Here's what I generally do: fly out an meet the enemy Zy, and piss them off so they start chasing me instead of the friendly Zy. Usually works.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"