Author Topic: Bug Report Thread.  (Read 45214 times)

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
If I was any closer to the commando and swarms I'd have been standing directly on them. All I could do was wait for them to fire at me and have my pilot retaliate when they did so.

Since you said, you cannot reproduce that, it does indeed sound like a simple memory problem. I guess our work on the memory code will continue to develop in the future even more and hopefully got rid of these problems. If you encounter something like that again, really try the quickload/quicksave to reset the memory pool and tell us if it helps.

Sorry bout the font colour also, favourite colour. Should've said something earlier and I would've stopped using it sooner.

No problem, I just thought I mention it. My eyes/monitor are not the best anyway, so I had trouble reading it. Thanks for changing :)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Patriot

Only issue i had like that was the other day when i had just salvaged a Javelin and Urbanmech in Mission 2.

Javelin and Urbie find 2 Centi's and another Urbie to shoot at, perfectly able to see them. Jav dies from a SINGLE(unlucky sob i might add) shot of the Urbie's AC. Everything reverts to Sensor Blips even though they were right next to eachother, so he ought to be able to see them right? NOT. At least he knew where his target was and could engage them as per normal, just that MY interface was showing sensor blips instead of the actual units.

Haven't tried reproducing it yet due to me actually doing homework for once.. xD

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
they were right next to eachother, so he ought to be able to see them right? NOT.

Just to make sure, was there anything between the two mechs that could block the sight , like trees or walls/building ? In that case, it can really happen that you loose visual and just a sensor blip remains
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Patriot

No, he was actually on the landing strip and they were far enough away from that hill-like terrain that he would be able to see them, the Javelin was also on this same piece of terrain.

Offline magic

Sometimes when you salvage a mech, he cant see (not sensor nor visual) any enemy mech because something is wrong with sensor suite - visual (head destroyed). Its old MC2 bug. I did not look at it for now, I think its something with in mission mech salvage - sensor and visual destroyed and then repaired.

Offline Timerlane

• Overseer of Slag Determination
That can be true(I often noticed in retail that salvaged 'Mechs would have trouble 'spotting' for the salvage craft to pick up other 'Mechs), but it can also manifest with the Mechs you brought with you. I often wait(ed) until near the end of a mission to salvage anything, to ensure I spend the RPs on most expensive/rare Mechs on the field.

For example, I have a long-ingrained habit from retail to wait on calling a repair truck on the third Carver V mission(the first bandit convoy), as for some reason, calling one in and using it right after taking out the convoy would often enough seem to break my scout's sensors/possibly LOS. I honestly haven't tried to see if it was any different in MCO.

EDIT: I wonder if it's possible to suffer similar damage from head hits on still-living Mechs. I don't recall noticing such a pattern, though.

Offline Patriot

Would be a cool feature, subsystem damage ;)

Offline Arcalane

• Wait, I'm supposed to use evasive maneuvers?
    • Wyrdysm Games Forums
Hmm. I'd figured the visual/radar loss was related to the mech taking heavy damage (especially to the cockpit) and/or losing the sensor component, not a bug. Interesting to know.

I also had it hit me on the mission to take out the mercenary camp (the one with the crashed spaceplane thing) after salvaging the Lao Hu. I sent it off to the extraction point ahead of time (as it had no weapons left) but it ended up coming under fire from a helo it couldn't see or fight back against, so I had to send a scout over to protect it.
Don't think, Mechwarrior. Find out.

Offline Niarro

Heyo, I'm on mission 2 1 2, Galdeon. Don't know if it's a bug or not, but the last objective to capture the RU trucks and salvage a mech I can't actually do, since despite having 12k RUs, I can't call down a salvage craft. (Although apparently killing the one non-RU truck beside the capturable trucks skips the 3 minute timer)

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Which campaign is this ? MW2 Mercs or the Exodus ?
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

Offline Niarro

Woops! Sorry, it's MW2 Mercs

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
I forward that to magic :)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

Offline Niarro

Cool, thanks. Hopefully that's helpful o.o

Offline magic

I did not try shooting at RP trucks, but after capture salvage always worked?
Sometimes you get to salvage Centurion and sometimes Shadowhawk.

I have been playing MCO for about 2 days now, and I have had the same issue nomatter what I use for video settings.

The screen rolls to the right.  It starts off fine, and slowly rolls faster and faster to the right.
I see your UAC20 and gladly raise you a NAC40

Hmm. It appears that I am not able to select the mech variatns I made from the drop down menu, as the drop down menu is gone..

Ah. After the Night Assault mission you get to do several missions agaisnt the bandits and Liao. HOwever, you also get the option to assault the bandit base immeaditely, unlike in the original MC2 campagin, where that option only appears after completing two more missions.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 06:52:27 am by -Joshua- »

Offline Patriot

The drop-down menu is not a bug i think, at least, i haven't known differently in MCO

Offline Kurgis

Hadn't realised you had your own forum - I posted a few (probably well known bugs on the DropshipCommand forums but i'll cross post here just incase). Pretty much any bugs i'll try and post will  to do with campaigns:

Magic & Co

On your Exodus campaign (from the Omnitech build) I keep getting the "instant death" problem on mission X_2_5 "Rescue Takagi's Son". Think that truck still needs moving behind the building so the Bushwacker has time to get the turret control.

Also. On the MW2 campaign, the second "training" mission is quite tough as your two mechs, that you are meant to be rescuing, can barely stay alive against the two mechs - then the 3+ vehicles that appear. IMO it needs tweaking slightly as 3/4 times they will die (even dropping the difficulty to "Green" - which is a bit embarrassing) before you even get there.

I also have a mission stopper in the Wolf's Dragoons campaign. Its the Alphecca mission where you start with one mech, defending a little base then go to pick up the rest of your squad and follow the rest of the mission. What seems to be the final bit is to wait for an Evac chopper to get to a downed slayer - the mission never ends even if the chopper gets there fine - I left it for well over an hour and nothing happened. I'll try and do it a slightly different way and let the allied mechs die and see if that changes anything but i've already tried several approaches. Annoyingly the mission dosen't seemed to be called "Alphecca" so I can't even try and load it up in the mission editor to see what's going on.

Mission Editing: I have XNA installed as per DCmmnd instructions and i'm using the version with the mod. I realise the fix for Magic's exodus is quite simple but I can't get that mission to save properly after opening it (the Wolf's Dragoon campaign mission's won't open at all in the editor for me btw). It keeps giving me missing textures or the lighting needs re-calculating - but trying to re-calaculate ligthing says textures are missing! Got me well confused. My little map in the top left corner in the editor is black for the most part which seems wierd so i'm obviously missing something.

Now after the bugs - cracking work on getting this game going again - really enjoying it.

I've currently just loaded up that list of campaigns that someone posted earlier and i'll start going through them to see if they work - first few seem to have no problems.

Edit: Spelling
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 07:30:47 am by Kurgis »

When you put your mouse cursor over the toughness speciliasation, the information detailing what the removed sensor speciliasation does appears, instead of the inofrmation of what the toughness speciality does.

Offline Dred

Create a mech variant.  Sell that variant.  Customize another mech and save it using the same name as the sold mech.  Sell the new mech with the same name as the original mech.  The original mech is replaced by the new mech in the buy screen.  With enough cbills a player can turn 5 empty commandos into 5 decked out timber wolf's (Really 6 if you include the original seed mech it requires).  This rasied my eyebrows when I noticed that the half of the IS mechs I just sold turned into clan tech armed to the teeth.

The jumpjet issue can be exasperated in testing using a jumpjet glitch.  Hold CTRL + left click and while still holding CTRL, CTRL + J + left click.  Release CTRL, then press CTRL + J + left click.  Only way I know how to jump across map which the increased distance increases chances of the jumping bug occurring.  Jumping continually in one place no matter any change of orders.  Remaining stationary no matter the orders.  These seem to be the most common manifestations.

I realize I'm basically explaining how to cheat so you may want to delete this post, but then again anyone wanting to cheat at this game only has to do a little bit of text editing so I don't know.

I've experienced other bugs but those have already been posted.  My only other complaint is my ai's dislike of shooting at the enemy.  They maneuver too much, often times well outside their targets range.  Or they do this walking away rotation where they don't fire.  I find myself having to order fire from position.