Author Topic: airpyr8t installs mods  (Read 2637 times)

airpyr8t installs mods
Just used the installer on the gog version of freespace 2 . fsport mediavps and the 2014 do not work on any of the exe's.. used rc5 debug to get this warning list
Weapon explosion 'Shivan_Impact01' does not have an LOD0 anim!
ntdll.dll! ZwWaitForSingleObject + 21 bytes
kernel32.dll! WaitForSingleObjectEx + 67 bytes
kernel32.dll! WaitForSingleObject + 18 bytes
fs2_open_3_7_2_RC5-DEBUG.exe! SCP_DumpStack + 354 bytes
fs2_open_3_7_2_RC5-DEBUG.exe! Warning + 421 bytes
fs2_open_3_7_2_RC5-DEBUG.exe! weapon_explosions::Load + 296 bytes
fs2_open_3_7_2_RC5-DEBUG.exe! parse_weapon + 9293 bytes
fs2_open_3_7_2_RC5-DEBUG.exe! parse_weaponstbl + 162 bytes
fs2_open_3_7_2_RC5-DEBUG.exe! parse_modular_table + 331 bytes
fs2_open_3_7_2_RC5-DEBUG.exe! weapon_init + 101 bytes
fs2_open_3_7_2_RC5-DEBUG.exe! game_init + 1754 bytes
fs2_open_3_7_2_RC5-DEBUG.exe! game_main + 519 bytes
fs2_open_3_7_2_RC5-DEBUG.exe! WinMain + 330 bytes
fs2_open_3_7_2_RC5-DEBUG.exe! __tmainCRTStartup + 358 bytes
fs2_open_3_7_2_RC5-DEBUG.exe! WinMainCRTStartup + 15 bytes
kernel32.dll! BaseThreadInitThunk + 18 bytes
ntdll.dll! RtlInitializeExceptionChain + 99 bytes
ntdll.dll! RtlInitializeExceptionChain + 54 bytes

Please fix and please link me to a working cockpit mod for fsport :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Re: airpyr8t installs mods
also why do the main hall and all the ui screens not fill the screen when using any build above 3.7.0

also when using fsport with just mediavps_2014 added you here no fireing sounds.. just impact

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
That's a warning you can click through. OR you could use the regular version of 3.7.2 instead of the debug exe.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
also why do the main hall and all the ui screens not fill the screen when using any build above 3.7.0
Because all of the interface art is hardcoded for a 4:3 aspect ratio, like the CRTs of old, and so it winds up looking pretty darn ugly when stretched to fill a modern 16:9 (or 16:10) display.  FSO now defaults to pillarboxing the menus to preserve their original aspect ratio, though as was mentioned in the other thread you made, there's a Launcher option to disable that and have it go full-screen.

:banghead: Thank you for the response  the e. I know that I can use a different exe. as I said I tried them all and none of em work and all of them give me tons of errors when trying to run fsport with the fsportmediavps or just the mediavps. The only way I was able to get the better graphics in fs port was to copy all the mediavps_2014 vp files into the fsport folder. Neither of the fsportmedia bla bla blas folders work. the point is there is 73 errors that break the game Ie no good graphics with fsport and im going to probably loose content not being able to use the fsport mediavps mods

thank you for your quik response mongoose il have to look for that. BTW all the awakening mod does not work either. this whole update is botched to high heck

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
If you use the 3.7.2RC5 executable that does NOT have "DEBUG" in the name you won't get those _warnings_.

The latest release of FSPort works fine for me, although I have to admit that I haven't tried Awakenings with it yet. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work though.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Yarn

To play FSPort with the MediaVPs properly, you need to use one of the following mod configurations:
  • For 2014 MediaVPs: fsport-mediavps_2014,fsport,MediaVPs_2014
  • For 3.6.12 MediaVPs: fsport-mediavps,fsport,mediavps_3612

If everything is installed correctly, you should be able to play by selecting the appropriate FSPort MediaVP version in the launcher. (You ARE using a launcher, right? If not, try this one. Playing FreeSpace without a launcher is not recommended.) If that doesn't work, please create and post your log and post a screenshot of your FreeSpace 2 folder.
"Your fighter is running out of oil.  Please check under the hood and add more if necessary"
--strings.tbl, entry 177

"Freespace is very tired.  It is shutting down to get some rest."
--strings.tbl, entry 178

I am using the launcher that came with fsopen  . the one that looks like a dog paw . I am using fs2 open 3.7.2rc5.exe and still get  the warning 73 errors i am using fsport as mod  then in lauch option typing -mod fsport-mediavps_2014 . In that mod folder in the mod.ini it allredy has listed secondarylist = fsport,mediavps_2014; . For kicks I just tried  adding mediavps_2014 into the custom flags so now it reads -mod fsport-mediavps_2014,mediavps-2014 and STILL GET the 73 warnings and errors popup up in game over the ui and when i try and start a mission i get the CTD and this BS
Can't open model file <S_Rockeye.pof>
ntdll.dll! ZwWaitForSingleObject + 21 bytes
kernel32.dll! WaitForSingleObjectEx + 67 bytes
kernel32.dll! WaitForSingleObject + 18 bytes
fs2_open_3_7_2_RC5.exe! <no symbol>

Okay used the new luancher and things seem to be okay 4 now. guess the old luancher was crapola

Offline Yarn

You're supposed to select either fsport-mediavps_2014 (for the 2014 MediaVPs) or fsport-mediavps (for the 3.6.12 MediaVPs); you don't select fsport unless you want to play FSPort without the MediaVPs, and you shouldn't have to add your own -mod flag.

In case you don't know this already, when someone asks for your "log," they are not referring to the error message that you get; rather, they're referring to a file called "fs2_open.log" that's produced whenever you run a debug build. Instructions on how to make and post it are found in this post.
"Your fighter is running out of oil.  Please check under the hood and add more if necessary"
--strings.tbl, entry 177

"Freespace is very tired.  It is shutting down to get some rest."
--strings.tbl, entry 178

didnt get around to posting log just posted what i had on hand as i was testing this thing to get it to work. been a very long time since ive messed with freespace. But everything seems to be runnign okay now and looks great . i will test awakenings with the alternate launcher. My xbox 360 pinnicle profile is almost complete for those interested

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
The only way I was able to get the better graphics in fs port was to copy all the mediavps_2014 vp files into the fsport folder. Neither of the fsportmedia bla bla blas folders work. the point is there is 73 errors that break the game Ie no good graphics with fsport and im going to probably loose content not being able to use the fsport mediavps mods

If you start copying VPs around from folder to folder you are going to seriously mess up your mod installation.