Author Topic: Only English Speech with Mediavp2014  (Read 1302 times)

Offline Nagrach

• Just another Freespacer
Only English Speech with Mediavp2014
Good Day/Evening/Morning/Afternoon, dear Hard-Light Poeple,

I have just right now discovered that, if I use the MediaVP's that the ingame Speech changes to English, but... for Recording the purpose of Recording, German what be right now more useful. If I don't use any Mods ... or MediaVP's 2014 I get the German spoken Languge... How can I change that i can use German Speech and MediaVP's once again? It used to make no Problems in the Past...
Crabby the crappy crab crap.

-273 °C. Finally a place where I don't need to sweat.

Offline Yarn

Re: Only English Speech with Mediavp2014
Are all the voices in English, or is it just the first stage of the first mission's command briefing? (In other words, if you start the actual mission, are the voices still in English?)
"Your fighter is running out of oil.  Please check under the hood and add more if necessary"
--strings.tbl, entry 177

"Freespace is very tired.  It is shutting down to get some rest."
--strings.tbl, entry 178

Offline Nagrach

It's actually really just the first stage of the command Briefing. The second Stage is in German :O.

Offline Nagrach

I'm sorry to push this, but I haven'T found any solution since I posted here on my own. (The Search function here is sometimes... strange...)
So Is there any solution to this?
It would be nice if someone can tell me.

Thanks.

Offline Yarn

Unfortunately, the game doesn't currently support language-specific files, so for now, the only way to "fix" this is to edit one of the VP files. Here's how to do it:
  • Back up your MV_Root.vp file (found in the MediaVPs_2014 folder) to somewhere outside the FreeSpace 2 folder structure (this is important!).
  • Download QuickVP (scroll down to see the download icon) and run it.
  • In the QuickVP program, click the "open" button.
  • Browse to your MediaVPs_2014 folder and open MV_Root.vp.
  • A folder called "data" should now be visible in QuickVP. Open it.
  • Right-click the "voice" folder and click "Delete files." (You can also click the folder and press the delete key.) The folder and everything in it should now be deleted from the VP file.

The English voices should now be gone. Keep in mind, though, that if you ever send a debug log for troubleshooting, someone will probably tell you that something's wrong with your MV_Root file (since you edited it).
"Your fighter is running out of oil.  Please check under the hood and add more if necessary"
--strings.tbl, entry 177

"Freespace is very tired.  It is shutting down to get some rest."
--strings.tbl, entry 178

Offline Nagrach

That did it. Thank you very much!