Author Topic: What newman and I have been up to...  (Read 3028 times)

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
What newman and I have been up to...
Newman (Diaspora's lead modeler) and I (mission design) have been working on a space strategy game called Lord of Rigel. We recently launched our Kickstarter page. Overall we've gotten a lot done in the last year but there's still 8 months of development to go. Basically this helps support newman full time making spaceships!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rhombusstudios/lord-of-rigel

Anyway for any Diaspora lurkers, please check out the Kickstarter. One of the playable species, the Synth is a bit Cylon-y :)
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
  • Balance breaker! Thats me!
    • Steam
Re: What newman and I have been up to...
I honestly believe that one post about it in Gaming section of the forums is enough.
--Did it! It's RELEASED! VeniceMirror Thread--

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I said that they're fine to post about it in here. There are plenty of people who only read the Diaspora forum and they are both members of this team.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Is that just me, or does it look more like Wing Commander? :) That's a Kilrathi, right here, and the Terrans look confed-y as well.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline newman

The Katraxi did indeed take some inspiration from the Katraxi - we're not hiding from that at all. The trick with doing a homage  is to not rip it off - I do think the designs are unique themselves. Terran logo is a bit confed-y, as are the general color palettes perhaps, but the ship designs themselves aren't really similar at all.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb