Author Topic: PUBLIC BETA: Knossos 0.7.1 (combined launcher/installer)  (Read 1601 times)

Offline ngld

Re: PUBLIC BETA: Knossos 0.7.1 (combined launcher/installer)
Go to the Explore tab and click "Modify" on the relevant mod. Make sure the correct packages are selected and press OK. After that Knossos should repair the mod. It's not particularly obvious but I'm not sure how to explain this without some guide or help text.

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Visionary modder and coder
    • Twitter
I tried to create total-conversion mod on the Development tab of Knossos launcher. However, the message appeared, saying that: "The chosen parent does not exist! Something went very wrong here!!"

Is this a problem or not?
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Campaigns:
FreeSpace: Reunited - Shattered Stars

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Go to the Explore tab and click "Modify" on the relevant mod. Make sure the correct packages are selected and press OK. After that Knossos should repair the mod. It's not particularly obvious but I'm not sure how to explain this without some guide or help text.

There doesn't appear to be any way to reinstall the damaged packages without uninstalling the whole thing. The damaged packages are listed as "installed", the checkboxes are disabled, etc.

Offline ngld

@Bryan See: That's a bug. I'll fix it in the next version but you can try the following workaround: Go to your base folder (the one you selected during the first run) and create a directory named after your mod's ID next to the FS2 and bin directories. Now you should be able to create your TC in Knossos.

@xenocartographer: Did you try clicking on OK? Afterwards it should check all selected mods (even those which are marked as installed) and install any missing files. A better solution would be to modify the "Verify file integrity" option to ask if Knossos should repair damaged or missing files if those were detected. That probably makes more sense than going through the installation dialog a second time.

Oh, no, I didn't. I thought I'd have to enable something in the UI that wouldn't let me enable things. It would definitely make more sense in the integrity option, yes.

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Visionary modder and coder
    • Twitter
Thanks for that. Until that bug is fixed, I'll stick to this.
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Campaigns:
FreeSpace: Reunited - Shattered Stars

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel