Author Topic: [RELEASE] - PVC Neith  (Read 6425 times)

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
[RELEASE] - PVC Neith

The PVC Neith is is the Vasudan's heavy cruiser, a potent mix of offensive punch and defensive fortitude that should never be underestimated. Although our information is , at best, somewhat sketchy, the Neith is larger and better armed than our own Fenris class, and is the significantly more powerful vessel one on one. We are hoping that our new Leviathan project modifications will bring our vessels up to spec, but until then it is only their relative scarcity - most likely due to a high build price - that keeps Neith class vessels from becoming a dominant force in the war.

This is the PVC Neith. The LoD0 mesh is by Blowfish, based on one of Stratcomm's models. I did the textures, LoDs and conversion. The Neith is nominally a predecessor to the Aten, but it also represents a very different philosophy in the Vasudan fleet - individual ships at the start of the war were individualistic works of art - built to a standard, but each with the unique stamnp of the specific artisan or artisans who built them. Later in the war, they were forced to move to more efficient, cheaper, mass produced models that allowed them, to fight more effectively due to large numbers, but the individual ships were generally less powerful. In a one on one fight, a Neith will decimate an Aten, but for the price of a single Neith, Vasudan command could build three Atens with change, and the economics of war won out in the end.

In terms of a role ingame, this thing is... kind of unprecedented because of the gradual increase in power and dominance of the fighter later in the war. Closest equivalent would be a corvette - one or two of them can lead a battlegroup or operate independently, but some source of fighter support is going to be neccesary eventually (even in the pre-shields era where capship blobs are legitimately deadly to fighters.

I'd recommend that anyone planning to use this take a look at the table stats - it's balanced to be an early war powerhouse, but you have to FRED it carefully - one on one it can beat a Fenris with it's Frontlines armament, but you have to FRED it carefully. If you wanted it to be a late war powerhouse, it will probably need uparmoured turrets, and maybe a few more of them. a weapons upgrade might not hurt either Anyway, hope that people can make use of this one. Great War era cruisers for the Vasudans are scarce on the ground, so this fills a bit of a gap there. Enjoy!

DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/file/eee1cia1aeu02s4/PVC_Neith.zip
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Re: [RELEASE] - PVC Neith
Gorgeous.

:yes:

Thank you for the work to all involved.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
One day I will put some big freaking beam on it's nose :D

Great work! I was waiting for this model to be finished.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

2 great capital ships today.
It is truly vasudan day.  :D

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I think I might. :)

Looks great!
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
A great improvement over the older model. Should be fun to work with in-game. :) T-V War ships are always great; it's fun to fly in a world where blob turrets are the kings of anti-fighter and anti-cap damage-dealing. But yeah, like Betrayal said, it'd also make an excellent post-Capella shockjump attacker.

P.S. Could you please get back to me on that non-FS modeling project?
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."
Finian O'Toole, The Irish Times, 5 May 1994

Blue Planet: The Battle Captains: Missions starring the Admirals of BP: WiH
Frontlines 2334+2335: T-V War campaign
GVB Ammit: Vasudan strike bomber
Player-Controlled Capship Modding Tutorial

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
:bump:

I made a post-capella GTVA texture variant. I may upload it, if anybody wants.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
That's fantastic! Definitely upload, I'd love a copy.
Rarely Updated P3D.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
This is really cool - you should post a pic/link in the asset release forum. A lot more people probably want post-Capella Vasudan stuff than TV War era, and while reskins normally aren't that celebrated, this is really well done, and deserves its own attention. :nod:
Rarely Updated P3D.