Author Topic: [Release] Freespace: The Great War - Augmented - Chapter 1  (Read 12674 times)

Re: [Release] Freespace: The Great War - Augmented - Chapter 1
Im now on the loop ingame but it fails even if i target them all at the end
Ive completed the secandarys objactives
But not all is finished
But it fails at the end its primary objactive
If i tell you its a lest secandary objactive and the secand sacendary objactives
Mission named the door

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
I haven't played it.
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
You have to target each object and hold that for 2 seconds.  The most difficult part is targeting the cargo as they are so close together and you can't get close to distinguish easily.  My method is to use either the "n" (newest arrival) or "u" (next unscanned).  The tricky part is once you've held it for the required 2 seconds, it starts back at the beginning of the queue so you need to cycle through the ones you've already targeted.  The useful thing to remember is the long time it takes for the freighters to arrive and deposit the cargo gives you ample time cycle through the cargo.  You can even start targeting as soon as they arrive.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

I thative done

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Soooo.... you got it to work?

Ive ded target them all

tell me where are they i kedpt flying nothing to see on rader
in beginning it says get to unknown contact but nothing shows up
im useing  3.7.5
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 04:22:15 am by woutersmits »

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
You gotta read the message.  It says that they are beneath the Mystic's aft quarter.  Go to the back of the Mystic, point down and head off.

Well, I played through it. Liked the changes, for the most part. Eve of Destruction was a lot more intense.

I approve of what you did with Field of Battle. It never made any sense that there were just four wings of fighters sitting around in an asteroid field with no support and nothing to do.

Was it Small Deadly Space or Avenging Angels that had the big new cruiser fight? That worked pretty well. I'm not super sold on having corvettes in FS1; given the Morana's size, I think you could get away with calling it a heavy cruiser.

Loop missions were good, if a bit difficult. The one with the nebula in particular gave me a bit of trouble; I'd recommend maybe giving the player a hotkey to highlight the patrolling wings. The first one, though, where you're basically just observing the Shivans the whole time, was fantastic, with the only caveat being that it was a pain to keep track of all the cargo containers I needed to scan. The third was good too -- hard, but in the standard "you might need to play it a couple times to get the hang of it" way.

I think that's about it...

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Thank you for your feedback.  BTW, the changes to Eve of Destruction are not mine (except from a technical point of view).  I just copied the Extended Edition version and adapted it into the campaign.

Offline potterman28wxcv

• Just a fan player
I've always preferred the FS1 campaign over FS2 (surely a nostalgia hit?), so I'd like to thank you for trying to bring some new stuff to the missions ;)

Having a Rasputin actually trying to escape looks interesting!

Keeping a close look on this project

Offline CT27

How is Chapter 2 coming along?

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I'm up to "Enter the Dragon", though I encountered some setbacks with the loop I was working on.  My new job doesn't give me a lot of time to FRED anymore.  I still get 2 days off a week, but I used to have some day-to-day time after work.  That and the fact that new TV seasons have started up and I have to watch what we record or it'll fill up.

To sum it up, I'm still working on it, but I wouldn't expect anything before the end of the year.

Thanks for the attention though.

Offline starlord

Any news on this? This looks very promising. I like the changes you proposed overall.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Thanks for the attention.  I've completed general work on all of the chapter 2... not to say that everything is 100% done, it was just done to the point where I felt I could move on to the next mission.  The problem came down to my loop missions.  There's gonna be 5 missions to the loop (though the first pair are linked), and I was close to finishing number 4 but ran into some event problems that were giving me a headache.  Combine that with some events in RL that took my attention, and it has kinda fallen by the wayside.  More recently I've been replaying the upgraded Inferno R1, and in the process doing some model and effect upgrading to my own copy, but I've been frustrated recently by intermittent FSO issues.  I just started a week's vacation so my intent is to do some serious troubleshooting with FSO and the SCP team so perhaps they can nail down what exactly is happening.  I may return to FS1:Augmented after that.  I've got another couple of weeks off in August, so perhaps I can get some more progress done soon.  That said, unless I can get some SERIOUS time to FRED in, don't expect any release before the end of the year.