Author Topic: More cleaner 1024x768 HUD assets  (Read 1819 times)

Offline Tarvis

More cleaner 1024x768 HUD assets
Hello. I'm the guy from this thread. I've been gone a while, but since I got a new HOTAS (X-55) I've regained interest in these flight sim games again.

I went and finished the rest of the cockpit gauge stuff from last time.

Newly changed:
  • Energy gauges
  • Lock indicators
  • Lead indicator shrunken to match FS2's size and reduce screen clutter
  • Fixed stray pixels in the in the HUD circle (my fault...whoops)
  • Reorganized the weapon/threat indicator graphics to avoid the black seam lines at higher resolutions (caused by slight texture stretching at the edges of textures)

Before:

After:

Download here

To use, put them in the fsport/data/hud folder. Hopefully these can be added to sparky_hi_fs1.vp by the next fsport release.

Somewhat related observation: FSPort MediaVPs should remove its hud gauges definition table from mv_root-hdg.tbm in order to use FSO's new HUD scaling code (preventing stretching in widescreen)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 12:45:02 pm by Tarvis »

Offline Yarn

Re: More cleaner 1024x768 HUD assets
Nice work! The gauges have been committed for the next version of FSPort.

Somewhat related observation: FSPort MediaVPs should remove its hud gauges definition table from mv_root-hdg.tbm in order to use FSO's new HUD scaling code (preventing stretching in widescreen)
The HUD config will be commented out for FSO 3.7.1 and later, allowing the non-stretching HUD to be used in recent builds without removing the widescreen configuration for FSO 3.7.0 users.
"Your fighter is running out of oil.  Please check under the hood and add more if necessary"
--strings.tbl, entry 177

"Freespace is very tired.  It is shutting down to get some rest."
--strings.tbl, entry 178