Author Topic: Homesick  (Read 2993 times)

Offline Makhpella

• Kharak is burning!
Hello. So, I've been playing Homesick, other than the fact that I never want to fly in a nebula or a Herc ever again, it's a nice campaign with good dialogue.
I had no issues playing it, until I reached the (probably) last or second to last mission (take subspace, add a Shivan destroyer and 3 corvettes). The first time I messed up good, I had the corvette attack the Demon (full derp, I know, given the dialogue). The second time went better, I had almost finished it. Almost.
After the Demon disables the corvette you get the objective to jump out at the node or something like that, but there's no node to jump out at.
Ah, the point...Am I missing something or do I simply have to jump out after that objective appears?
'I'm from the marksman school of conversation.' -Kovacs

Offline wardog300k

• I'm a FREDder
Yeah it is the second to last mission.

When you get that objective, you just need to get to the Custodian, and the mission will end.
Crush the NTF-Conflict Zone
One last war, one last hope, one last survival-Final Destination On Delay
Set free from the GTVA-Liberation Wars On Delay

Offline Makhpella

• Kharak is burning!
Thank you, I had not noticed the 'get to the Custodian' part. It was late, I'd been playing for some time...And the damn subspace background.

Is there a continuation? According to the credits, there was supposed to be.

Offline wardog300k

• I'm a FREDder
I don't think there is a continuation.

Offline CT27

I really liked the Homesick campaign overall.

However, I really disliked the ending.

Offline wardog300k

• I'm a FREDder
I really liked the Homesick campaign overall.

However, I really disliked the ending.

Me too, although I knew from the beginning that something bad will happen with the Custodian, I even tried disabling the Demon a few times, but failed.

Offline CT27

It's not just the Custodian.  I also disliked what happened to the player character and squadmates.

I liked the ending.

I do not think that a "Whoa, what an adventure. Fortunately we survived this" suits to this campaign. And i think Homesick is more special because of this ending. In most other campaigns like this, there would be a happy end.
Shivan here, Shivan there, Shivan everywhere.

My english isn't very well, so sorry for a few mistakes.

FreeSpace Let's Plays on my Channel:
| The Great War | Silent Threat | Operation Templar | Silent Threat: Reborn | Shivans - Phantoms | Shivans - Echo Gate | Shrouding the Light: Origins | Shrouding the Light | Cardinal Spear | Cardinal Spear: Vega | Awakenings | The Destiny of Peace | Between the Ashes: Mefistofele

Offline CT27

Couldn't there be some middle ground though between that and "Oh welcome back guys.  Hey, forget about a trial...we're going to kill you all now.  Bye!"?

Offline rubixcube

• best username ever
Couldn't there be some middle ground though between that and "Oh welcome back guys.  Hey, forget about a trial...we're going to kill you all now.  Bye!"?

Agreed, it felt a little forced. I've noticed this in some of BR's writing (not that he's a bad writer overall :nervous:)
Stuff

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.

Just screaming "WE SAW SHIVANS" ought to be enough to buy you something.

Then somebody looks at your black box and recruits you for GTVI.

And then you're Snipes.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline CT27

Agreed, it felt a little forced. I've noticed this in some of BR's writing (not that he's a bad writer overall :nervous:)

I thought he did an excellent job on "Shrouding The Light", but in "Homesick" (which I thought overall was excellent) the ending just left a bad taste.

Offline rubixcube

• best username ever

I thought he did an excellent job on "Shrouding The Light", but in "Homesick" (which I thought overall was excellent) the ending just left a bad taste.

Haven't played "Shrouding The Light" yet, I probably should. I noticed in three of his campaigns that I've played: Homesick, SAH, and bemcavalgar (all great) he often tries to force a sad ending in a way that feels a bit contrived.
Stuff

Offline CT27

I don't want to spoil things too much, but I will say I think the ending to STL was pretty good.

Offline Makhpella

• Kharak is burning!
STL is quite nice, as long as you're not flying the Anubis.