Author Topic: Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X Throttle Mapping Question  (Read 2988 times)

Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X Throttle Mapping Question
Hello,

I was wondering if there is way to make it so that having my throttle in the middle position keeps my ship still, pulling it back makes my ship go in reverse, and pushing it forward accelerates my ship.

At the moment in order to stay still I have to pull the throttle all the way back instead of leaving it in the middle like in other space sims.
This is a bit annoying since whenever I thrust all the way I hit a bump that's been designed in the middle of my throttle.  I also can't reverse with my throttle.

I tried binding the "forward thrust" and "reverse thrust" as listed in the binding options but the game does not register it.  Here is a pic of my current settings:  http://i.imgur.com/y2FBHVL.jpg?1
I can only use the "absolute throttle axis" option that doesn't give me the throttle option I want.

Thanks for any help.  I purchased the game today and have been very impressed with FSO.  I hope there's a fix for the issue.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Re: Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X Throttle Mapping Question
Have you tried the 'relative throttle axis' binding? I haven't used it myself but I think that's the option you want.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

I have, it unfortunately did not work.

"Relative throttle axis" reversed my throttle, as in pulling the throttle all the way back towards my body made the ship ship move forward.

Offline Cyker

Do you get the funky software with yours (TARGET or something like that?)

In the worst case, you could use that to bodge it so that it does what you want; It's a bit buggy sometimes but very cool software.

Does FS2 support variable reverse thrust on axis normally? IIRC I've only had it in the Battlestar Galactica (and possibly Babylon 5?) TC's...

(It's been a while so I might have made that up :P)

I unfortunately don't have any software for my HOTAS, can you recommend something with profiles?

I don't want to mess with my default calibration because it works great out of the box for Elite: Dangerous.

I'm not sure what FS2 is capable, I'm completely new to the game.