Author Topic: FS1 Medals  (Read 3643 times)

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
All this time FSPort has been using the FS2 medals with a recolored medal case. Here is an upgrade I'm submitting to the FSPort team. It's the FS1 medals remade and ready to go. In place of the SOC Crest, I whipped up a GTI Medallion that I thought looked nice. Drop these in your FSPort folder and it should work automatically. You will need the latest Nightly build, though.

NOTE: I did not set it up for 640 resolutions because people who still run at 640x480 are lame.
NOTE: This is completely incompatible with any retail exec. If you are that one guy who can even run the retail exec.. too bad. But, since I know the FSPort guys have an unhealthy love of having useless retail compatibility, that will have to be a consideration.

DOWNLOAD

« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 04:52:49 pm by mjn.mixael »
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
very cool  :yes:

But, is there supposed to be a download link for the new medals assets?  :nervous:
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter

Is there less lighting to it than the originals? It almost looks dull compared to the originals.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Nice work. :)

This will be in the next version of FSPort, with appropriate activation based on whether or not the user is running 3.7.2.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter

But, is there supposed to be a download link for the new medals assets?  :nervous:

Woops.. Download added.

Is there less lighting to it than the originals? It almost looks dull compared to the originals.

:rolleyes:

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
I noticed with the FS2 Medals that they were to go in the Media VP folder, Should the FS1 medals go into the FSPort Media VP folder instead of the FSPort folder?
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
The FS2 medals are upgrading assets in FS2. The FS1 medals are, for the first time, adding the proper FS1 medal images to FSPort. FS1 never had a medal that looked like the Epsilon Pegasi Liberation from FS2.. but FSPort has been using it as the Conspicuous Gallantry. So that's why I didn't straight up recommend they go in the FSPort MediaVPs.

Offline Kolgena

:rolleyes:

Except he has a valid point. The golds look like bronze here, with the exception of the Triple Ace medal.

Offline Solatar

Looks awesome, I've been looking forward to this.

Hey

First of all: Thanks for your work - like it a lot! I just wanted to add some (constructive) feedback:
With the red background it is somewhat hard to distinguish between a Lieutenant Commander and Commander Rank (for instance). What i wanted to point out is that the brown/red background of those higher rank insignias could be darker/bigger have more contrast or be "more noticeable".

Regards.