Author Topic: 3-28-04 build  (Read 11779 times)

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
sound cards get screwy every once and a while, probly just a coincidence.

you don't have FSO on d but I do, more over that's were I keep my copy of the source code, that error mesage is pointing me to the exact point were a problem is found (not caused), and seeing as this is the second time I have seen an error of this type in this function that means it's probly not random like I was hopeing it was (ie someone has to fix it). is this error reproducable and if so, what are the conditions (what mission, what happens right before or as this error gets set off)
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Shaka

I think it happen after the third part of the convoy enter in area... Maybe just before the supernova...

I'll replay the mission to spot where exactly... but I don't get the bug the two time I've play this mission before...

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
Originally posted by [BoA]_Scoob
how do i get the nebula thing to work?  i downloaded them last week... is there an update?

use the test missions distributed with them, and use '-jpgtga' :)
Modern man is the missing link between ape and human being.

Offline Drew

• http://www.galactic-quest.com
keewl... but i still dont see spec ligthing in ht&l
[(WWF - steroids + ties - spandex) / Atomic Piledrivers] - viewing audience = C-SPAN

My god.. He emptied the gasoline tank from the van onto your cat, lit him on fire, threw him in the house and dove for cover.  :wtf: Family indeed.  ~ KT

Happiness is belt fed.

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
and I still need a bumped version of FRED :rolleyes:

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
and I can't compile FRED
why it was seperated from the code base to begin with, I'll never know.
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I think RT is our best FRED builder these days, since he was the one who was making those highly-successful OGL builds.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by Shaka
I just get this message in the last mission of the campaign :
(I copy the windows cause my connection sux these day and I can't up to my ftp)

I don't have FSO folder in D: :wtf:

The sound's noise has gone... don't known why and how :doubt:

That looks suspiciously like either the mission designer or yourself has asked for a ship to be disabled or disarmed (basically have a subsystem destroyed) when the model is incorrectly built for it (i.e no path on the model).

Are you sure this is an unmodified campaign/mission? I have no recollection of a ship called the Boerhaave.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
don't you people pay atention, he has the french version, it's probly one of the ships in the final mission.
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
He aslo had an edited copy of one of the other missions causing trouble earlier. So there's a good chance that the problem here is something similar :)

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
Originally posted by Bobboau
and I can't compile FRED
why it was seperated from the code base to begin with, I'll never know.

I wasnt pointing that at you, but at the rest of the SCP coders. I'm really grateful that you fixed the FS2scp problem, and I'm sad that I can't use it properly because I have an old FRED version.

Me needs that FRED build.

if someone gave me click-by-cliclk instructions on how to build FSO with MSVC, i could do this sort of thing for you, i can already grab the latest CVS source and look at it, i just can't figure out how to compile/find the bloody exes.
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline Zarax

Ask RT, he helped me to make my own builds...
The Best is Yet to Come

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I think Vasudan Admiral also has recent experience in FRED compiling, as he upped the poly limits (or something) so it would display the Hi-poly Fenris properly.  Now, he didn't release this build of his, but he could give someone else pointers on where to find the fields that need to be changed to allow the high nebula limits.

Later!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline ViRGE

Maybe this is just me, but the nebulas seem a bit bright in SCP. Anyone else notice this>

Offline Shaka

Originally posted by karajorma

That looks suspiciously like either the mission designer or yourself has asked for a ship to be disabled or disarmed (basically have a subsystem destroyed) when the model is incorrectly built for it (i.e no path on the model).

Are you sure this is an unmodified campaign/mission? I have no recollection of a ship called the Boerhaave.

hummmmmmmm

1) The game wasn't translate (thx god) so the ship's name should be the same...

2) This time I've double check for parasites files in all folder

3) I've learn a little about editing, then I've extract sm3-10.fs2 (Apocalypse) from root_fs2.vp and open it in fred, Boerhaave is a GTM Hippocrates (AI class captain) who have to reach jump node left...
« Last Edit: April 01, 2004, 07:06:19 pm by 1783 »

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Aha! :D I never paid much attention to the civvie ships :D

I guess it probably is a problem with FS2_Open then.

Boerhaave=not a cannon ship as far as i'm aware.

the name sounds rather Dutch, so I'd expect myself to remember one of those.
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Problems:
a) Energy Transfer systems doesnt work for me (for some odd reason a previous build it didnt work either, than the one i used from u afterward did work, but now this one doesnt work either)
b) Print Screen (Take snap shots) doesnt work.

The Good:
A) Good Frame Rate (10-40FPS)
B) Thruster Glows work better now! (Loveley!)
C) No Crashes yet!
D) Spec, Glows, Shine, DDS, HTL work great. (hull reflections however i do not have-possible videocard related)

Intel Celeron 400MHZ (OMG!)
512 SDRAM
Raedon 7500 64MEG DDR

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
maybe I should mention in my sig that environment mapping isn't going to be in untill _after_ 3.6
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3