Author Topic: It slices! It dices! It even sets repair caps!  (Read 8684 times)

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
It slices! It dices! It even sets repair caps!
there's some special compile flag to set that prevents the swap buffer error from occuring,  perhaps i should change it to a runtime variable (im sure there's a Fred_running var floating around the codebase)
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline übermetroid

• Current Father Of Samus
  • He who dares wins.
Any chance a Fred button can be put on the luncher?
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by ubermetroid
Any chance a Fred button can be put on the luncher?

That's not a bad idea but it's probably a lot of work for something which we can do with 2 minutes worth of playing with shortcuts :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
can this work with Inferno?
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
What does Inferno need to work? Or you can just dl and try it.
-C

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
you need to define INF_BUILD for inferno to work

in Visual C, i create a different configuration for the projects that have INF_BUILD defined.  it the filename and the intermediate file locations will also be changed, so if i need to build a standard release and an inferno release, i can just change it using the drop box.
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline WMCoolmon

Well, I can't build an Inferno version of this right now because I clean updated my source files so the .NET compiler is unhappy.

Newest version

One fix (drumroll please)...

...The HTL flag finally works right! :D
-C

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
It's great to see that the hull repair cap values are now supported. The htl should be defaulted to off though, as it makes the editor completely screw up. It won't load up most of the missions I have, giving an illegal operation error just as it starts to display the ships. This occurs with all my PI ones and all but one or two of the main campaign missions, and those that do work show the ships in the wrong places. Everything works okay when I turn off htl.

I get the lines thing that people talked about (without htl, haven't been able to test it with) but things work fine otherwise.

Does this version support the usual ship outlines mode by the way? It of course does not look as good but it makes ships much easier to spot, especially on a background, which can be useful in the editor.

Found... well... -something- wrong. A mission I have which works fine with the 20-03-2004 fred build, and works fine in-game, locks this fred version up within 2 seconds of loading it, forcing me to kill the process from the task manager. That's with HTL disabled and no table warnings on startup, so that's not the problem.

It probably has nothing to do with your mission; it happens on almost every mission I try it on and only when it tries to display the stuff after loading it.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2004, 03:51:03 am by 296 »

Offline WMCoolmon

Originally posted by Exarch
Found... well... -something- wrong. A mission I have which works fine with the 20-03-2004 fred build, and works fine in-game, locks this fred version up within 2 seconds of loading it, forcing me to kill the process from the task manager. That's with HTL disabled and no table warnings on startup, so that's not the problem.

Trying to disect the mission bit by bit now to see what's causing it, but in the meantime is there any chance you could post a debug build of this? Might help me find out what's wrong if it actually tells me something instead of just locking up.

:o Sorry, I missed your post. Only noticed when CP quoted it. I'd have to do a rollback such to get the code working again w/ my compiler, so it'll have to wait until after the post-3.6 feature rush.
-C

Offline Axem

Agh, stupid FRED. :mad: When trying to save a mission I get this error.

Error: Failed attempting to reload mission after saving.  Report this bug now!
File:.\FREDDoc.cpp
Line: 509

---Call Stack Junk---

And now FRED won't load it at all. I tried an older version of FRED and it still doesn't work. To make matters worse, FRED won't open any of the backups, and the most recent ones are just the template when you first open FRED.

Strange thing is it only affects one mission, all the rest work fine.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Originally posted by WMCoolmon
Note that these are floating point numbers, so if you're feeling particularly nasty you can set it to 99.9% (or .000001%, whichever floats your boat). :D
Originally posted by Goober5000
Bah to floating points.  Can't you make them integers?
?