Author Topic: 3.6.9 Release Candidate 5  (Read 42524 times)

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Re: 3.6.9 Release Candidate 5
You better check the graphic files too as if the problem appeared when the alpha blending was introduced.. That is make sure that you have either proper alpha on graphic files (to use alpha blending) or no alpha at all (to use old fashion additive blending)
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline Backslash

• Bring Our Might To Bear
Yeah, we checked that.  It has no alpha at all.  There is a strange 'line' at the end of each thruster, and I can't think of a good reason for it to be there because the image itself looks fine.

Does a thruster need to be a certain length, or fill the entire image?  These thrusters (AFAIK) are the old version Lightspeed made, before his current version in the mediavps.

Offline Annorax

• Wistful General
    • Steam
I'm getting gamma correction staying on after RC5 exits, making the screen extremely bright and forcing me to restart to fix it. Has a fix been implemented for this, or should I go back to D3D8 until a fix/new RC is posted?

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
I'm getting gamma correction staying on after RC5 exits, making the screen extremely bright and forcing me to restart to fix it. Has a fix been implemented for this, or should I go back to D3D8 until a fix/new RC is posted?
Try http://icculus.org/~taylor/fso/testing/multi_test.rar and see if it's working any better.  That build is basically just an unofficial RC6 (and has been updated since it was posted earlier in this thread).

Offline Annorax

• Wistful General
    • Steam
Try http://icculus.org/~taylor/fso/testing/multi_test.rar and see if it's working any better.  That build is basically just an unofficial RC6 (and has been updated since it was posted earlier in this thread).

That build CTDs while loading a mission (tried both main campaign and Derelict) and still has the gamma bug.

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
That build CTDs while loading a mission (tried both main campaign and Derelict) and still has the gamma bug.
Are you using D3D or OpenGL?

No one has reported any crashing, and it's worked perfectly for me for days, so this is new.  And the gamma gets reset properly as well (one of the two fixes special for this build) so I'm a bit curious as to why it doesn't work for you.

Offline Annorax

• Wistful General
    • Steam
Are you using D3D or OpenGL?

No one has reported any crashing, and it's worked perfectly for me for days, so this is new.  And the gamma gets reset properly as well (one of the two fixes special for this build) so I'm a bit curious as to why it doesn't work for you.

OGL. I don't know either.

Offline castun

Did you get mediavps 3.6.8 zeta & the alpha patch?

Hmm, apparently not.  Had the alphapatch but not the newer mediavp's.  I'll check back in, unless it works lol.

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
Does this build cause my fighter to not be able to recharge its shields when it takes damage?

I'm having this problem with this build, it really is a pain.

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
Does this build cause my fighter to not be able to recharge its shields when it takes damage?

I'm having this problem with this build, it really is a pain.
As already stated earlier in this thread, it's fixed in this test build.  That build was for testing some multiplayer specific fixes, but it's basically an unofficial RC6.

Offline TigerVX

Is anyone else having a problem where when a Capital ship explodes, the shockwave Alpha layer doesn't work right and covers up nearby ships? I was watching a Ravana pop a Fenris, and when it did the Shockwave Alpha Channels covered the Ravana in a box of background space! I'm pretty sure this wasn't in previou builds, as I tested with the 3.7.6 and it worked fine. Am I doing something wrong, or is something wrong with the build?

Offline ShivanSpS

Taylor do you noticed that since we are which 3.6.9 Build, Microsoft sam talk in briefing/debrief even if their have a sound file??

Offline TigerVX

Well, turns out the error isn't just for shockwaves. It's for -all- effect!

Everything has black background squares around them... I'm running in OpenGL mode, but I've never had this problem before. If I use 3.6.7, it all works fine, but in this new build all the Alpha goes crazy. Am I just doing something wrong? It doesn't seem anyone else is getting this problem. I have a Geforce 6600LE 256mb, so I believe I meet requirements.

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
TigerVX... are you using the additional mediavp files from here http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,39905.msg834347.html#msg834347 ?

And those are meant to be used with 3.6.8 zeta mediavps so i hope have those too.
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline TigerVX

TigerVX... are you using the additional mediavp files from here http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,39905.msg834347.html#msg834347 ?

And those are meant to be used with 3.6.8 zeta mediavps so i hope have those too.

Uh... Whoops! Thanks a bunch Wanderer, everything work like a charm now!

Offline ShivanSpS

I just re-playing FS1 when I noticed in the first mission which Shield, that they does not recharge :O

Offline ARSPR

• Preys On Mantis
I just re-playing FS1 when I noticed in the first mission which Shield, that they does not recharge :O

That was broken in RC5 but Taylor has posted a beta (pre-RC6) with that issue solved.

PLEASE read through the thread
. There's a lot of people posting the same thing so you're going to make Goober, Taylor or any other SCP guy very furious.
IF YOU HAVE TROUBLES WITH FS2:
  • Please, please, please, READ and UNDERSTAND the sticky threads in FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support board.
    A lot of people are willing to help you, but, as anyone can understand, seeing the very same "issues" repeated again and again can become quite depressing. Please, spend a bit of time trying to solve the issue by yourself.
    (Lobo deserves a monument).
  • Then, if you aren't still able to solve your issue, feel free to ask for help in that same board.
    FYI, most of the troubles are caused by wrong mod installations which lead to either missing data or undesired cross-effects between them. Always follow the mod installation instructions and keep a clean FS2 installation as explained in the sticky threads. Two additional links about how the game handles game data:
  • If you think that you've discovered a bug, mantis it.
    Provide as much info as you can, and try to narrow it down. A lonely "FS2 doesn't work" is not a good report.

Whoever Hanlon was: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Albert Einstein: Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Dell Dimension 9200 - Vista 32-bit Ultimate
Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2.4GHz - RAM 2 GB DDR2
nvidia 8800 GTX - Integrated Sigmatel Audio

Offline ShivanSpS

Yes i know, sorry

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Has the extremely little niggle in which a targetted ship's hull-integrity-indicator flashes when any target is damaged been mentioned?

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
Quick question, possibly OT: Is the merge of Inferno and Regular going to take place at the same time as the Pilot changes? Are they even dependant on each other? (AFAIR, Inferno just allows more than the current max number of ships, but breaks multiplayer.)

Also, just to note that in multi_test and light_test and all cvs from 20060710 up to (but not including) 20060725 in training missions for countermessures, missiles are never fired from the ships. RC5 and 20060725 launch missiles. Occurs in both FS1 and FS2 missions.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 01:06:49 am by Zacam »
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys