Author Topic: Autopilot Enhancements Build - based on current 3.6.9  (Read 5729 times)

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
Autopilot Enhancements Build - based on current 3.6.9
http://ferrium.org/media/fs2_open_stable_autopilot.zip

Changes
  •   Add ship flag for "needs autopilot linkup" (player must get within specified radius for ship to linkup - then is nav carry status automatically and sends training message) [required addition of add_message/change_message/delete_message to missionmessage]
  • new sexps - nav-is-linked (is-nav-carry basically), set-nav-needslink, unset-nav-needslink
  • Nav-carry-status and nav-needs-link flags for ship added to Ship Flags DLG in FRED (DLG is now two columns, was getting too tall)
  • Training-msg+voice for failures on engaging autopilot
  • Automatic Cinematics for autopilot - plays cinematic then warps ships along flight path as far as autopilot would have taken them (Requires mission flag to enable)
  • Mission Flag - use autopilot cinematics
  • autopilot.tbl (copy in deffiles) setting autopilot messages/their sounds + linkup distance
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Re: Autopilot Enhancements Build - based on current 3.6.9
Interesting. Will the cinematics affect a trap I have in Starforce's autopilot mission where a wing of fighters warps in to ambush you in the middle of autopilot?
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
  • ...plays cinematic then warps ships along flight path as far as autopilot would have taken them (Requires mission flag to enable)
  • Mission Flag - use autopilot cinematics

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
Interesting. Will the cinematics affect a trap I have in Starforce's autopilot mission where a wing of fighters warps in to ambush you in the middle of autopilot?

yes - you need to have the ships already in the mission for them to interrupt autopilot before they reach the nav point

the cinematic lasts 10 seconds then teleports the ships as far along their path as allowable (it follows the line from player_obj to selelected nav and checks if CanAutopilot() every 500 meters)

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
The ships come out of subspace when you're about halfway on the way to the next nav point. The old system would jerk you out of autopilot immediately when the enemy fighters arrived, and you would go back to autopilot after killing them.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
the new system teleports you after the cinematic - the hostiles have to be in mission at the time and in the flight path