Author Topic: Star Trek 50th Anniversary  (Read 14414 times)

Offline Luis Dias

Re: Star Trek 50th Anniversary
Now now what are you two talking about? That's just crazy talk.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
How about a hotel that is a life-size model of the USS Enterprise, complete with a Star Trek museum etc?  Ha.  $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ka-ching!   (Are you listening, CBS / Paramount??)

As an architect I really have to shout a big no at this, in the odd chance some crazy billionaire is lurking here fishing for ideas.

Errr.. ok, if the Enterprise isn't conducive to a hotel (seems obvious), then have it "in drydock / construction", and that should work for realism.

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
Are you somehow suggesting that the Star Trek history lore won't come to fruition in our own timeline?

I do wonder, have we been a victim of some kind of timeline incursion that allowed this heresy to happen?

We already have some facts here, like we have no collective memory of Khan and his accolytes' war. Clearly something suspicious must have happened. Perhaps we should ask the Time Cube guy. He must be on to something here, and the timing of his site going down must also necessarily be a clue. An important one.
Closer than you think, in the form of NASA's EmDrive and other derivatives of the Cannae drive. The peer-reviewed report on EmDrive should be out in December of this year.

There's no timeline incursion here, and we're not victims. Trump, Brexit, ISIS, and the Ukraine conflict (instigated by Russian President Vladimir Putin and his mafia gang that is the Kremlin) are reminders that the nations of Earth do not understand nor allow the necessities of citizens contributing to society in Star Trek, I think. However, unlike those events in Star Trek, these might threaten to upend our progress we've made for decades.

EDIT: Happy 50th Anniversary of Star Trek, I guess.
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
It was probably the best of the reboot films and without a doubt the best Star Trek film of them.
Kind of surprised to hear this, though it did receive pretty glowing reviews.  The trailers made it look even further along the BAYSPLOSIONS!!! spectrum than Abrams' films had already trod.

It's a film about the crew of the Enterprise getting stranded and scattered on a strange and wonderful new world and how they all set out to get back together, understand the place they're in and save each other and everyone else.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
It was probably the best of the reboot films and without a doubt the best Star Trek film of them.
Kind of surprised to hear this, though it did receive pretty glowing reviews.  The trailers made it look even further along the BAYSPLOSIONS!!! spectrum than Abrams' films had already trod.

The trailers for Star Trek Beyond were some of the worst trailers I have ever seen, in retrospect.  I was fully prepared to write it off entirely after I saw that mega-bull**** cresting wave in space.

To my immense relief, the actual movie made much more sense.  It was pretty good.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
The wave in space thing... eh, it's a bit silly, and it all feels very shoehorned in to get the "super cool sequence" that some writer or (probably more likely) coked up studio exec or producer thought up. But they almost make it work, and they certainly make it fun.

Beyond's not flawless, but I thought it was the best of the three reboot movies. Worth seeing for sure.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

How about a hotel that is a life-size model of the USS Enterprise, complete with a Star Trek museum etc?  Ha.  $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ka-ching!   (Are you listening, CBS / Paramount??)

Are you referring to this one?

Beyond's not flawless, but I thought it was the best of the three reboot movies. Worth seeing for sure.

Also I second this.

Offline Luis Dias

There's no timeline incursion here, and we're not victims.

Unconvinced, citation needed. For instance, look at Jupiter's north pole recent pictures. They are clearly anomalous and hint at a larger truth.

EDIT: Happy 50th Anniversary of Star Trek, I guess.

Live long and prosper.

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    • Twitter
I very excited to see many technologies featured in Star Trek coming to reality. However, I think we need to acknowledge that there's certainly a possibility of a Donald Trump presidency, as I see at least two separate new polls which show Trump leads Hillary Clinton, and if Trump wins, it could be far worse than anything that's happened before.

Let's say Trump starts a war, in which nuclear weapons are used. He spawns powerful social movements that's anti-technology, anti-modern, anti-progress and anti-innovation. He orders contract killings of those who oppose him or exchange free ideas. He even rigs future presidential elections, as well as introduce voting reforms to make them such boring and a waste of time. He even turns everything as we know it today unrecognisable, like permanently renaming our planet, our Sun, our galaxy, and our race as well.

Now is the time to act and be very quick about it, because chances are high that we may regress in the near future, and get imprisoned under a criminal neo-totalitarianism controlled by the mafia consisting of murderous bandits, with no future for eternity.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 10:33:29 am by Bryan See »

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Let's say Trump starts a war, in which nuclear weapons are used. He spawns powerful social movements that's anti-technology, anti-modern, anti-progress and anti-innovation. He orders contract killings of those who oppose him or exchange free ideas. He even rigs future presidential elections, as well as introduce voting reforms to make them such boring and a waste of time. He even turns everything as we know it today unrecognisable, like permanently renaming our planet, our Sun, our galaxy, and our race as well.

I don't say this often, but you are seriously wrong and really, really need to examine the cognitive biases you have. Preferably with professional help.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Luis Dias

I very excited to see many technologies featured in Star Trek coming to reality. However, I think we need to acknowledge that there's certainly a possibility of a Donald Trump presidency, as I see at least two separate new polls which show Trump leads Hillary Clinton, and if Trump wins, it could be far worse than anything that's happened before.

Now is the time to act and be very quick about it, because chances are high that we may regress in the near future, and get imprisoned under a criminal neo-totalitarianism controlled by the mafia consisting of murderous bandits, with no future for eternity.

Ah, so you're saying that there's a high chance we do get to correct our timeline to fit Star Trek's history again?

AWESOME. LETS DOOOOOOO IT.

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
There's a thread to the new PAC allowing open letters against Republican candidate for President, Donald Trump. There's a chance to fit into the Star Trek history if you act.

In the meantime, answer this question: Do we need to follow the footsteps of Zefram Cochrane and other figures of Trek history so that humanity will not end up destroying itself as a race, especially due to Trump, ISIS, Putin, Dugin's Eurasianists and the Zika outbreak?

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Anybody else misses judge floro ?

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Compared to Bryan he was flat-out lucid. :D

Offline Luis Dias

Bah you're just jealous of his super-florian swagger

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
I'm not convinced that Bryan over there isn't just ****ing with us.  Evidence points against it, but there's the odd little glimmer that makes me wonder.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline qwadtep

That glimmer is Poe's Law getting stuck in your eye, methink.

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
Still not convinced Bryan isn't some sort of advanced chatbot.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline qwadtep

In any case, "STD" is a really unfortunate acronym for the new series.