Author Topic: Happy Canada!  (Read 148 times)

Offline brucebrown

• 2-∞ - User does not compute
To all us hosers at home and abroad, whether you have the day off and can celebrate with family, friends, or among strangers, or live here in Ontario and have to work today because the stat holiday gets bumped to Monday so the stores have to stay open today (don't get my wife started on that one... 'cause she's among the unlucky few who get to work... yay  :hopping:, but I digress)

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Aren't you a little late?
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

He's just happy about Canada, in general.

This is his first and only post though... highly suspect.

What's so suspect about being so happy about Canada? :D

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
His post referenced a holiday getting bumped from a weekend to a Monday.  Canada day is the only one that does that.  Aside form Christmas and New Years, all other Canadian holidays aren't date-specific and are always docked to the nearest weekend.  No-one would ever consider opening a major store on Christmas and New Years day and bumping the day off to the next Monday, so he has to be talking about Canada Day, which was three weeks ago, hence my statement about him being a little late.

My place of work wasn't open on Sat this year, but next year when Canada Day is a Sunday, it will, and there is a 50/50 chance that (if I am still working for them) I will be working that day.  It's really irritating and I've had to do it before.  My wife things it's BS... she works there too.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!