Author Topic: Getting started with TBP  (Read 2719 times)

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Getting started with TBP
Hello all.

How should a veteran FreeSpace player with zero knowledge of the Babylon universe get started with TBP? I'm going to read some background material (possibly Wikipedia), but will that be enough to understand what's going on in the campaigns? Which campaigns do you suggest I start with? Are there are major gameplay alteration compared to that of FreeSpace?

Comments would be appreciated.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
Re: Getting started with TBP
in all seriousness , just download it and zathras and play  as fo game differences , there arent many , think like you are back in FS1 ie no shields and there are a few glide capable ships other than that read the forums ....;; there is lots of info in there as to what order and what campaigns are good...

personnally i would avoid vids campaigns for a little while until you get used to the game ...
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
The gameplay is quite different, but in a good way.

I'd suggest starting with Raider Wars. You could Wikipedia crawl if you liked.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
That's what I'm doing right now.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
Don't wait until after you start playing, but watch the friggin show. :) It's worth it.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Well, if it hadn't crossed my mind on this very day, a weekend day, I'd probably have at least one season rented. :P For now I got to rely on the Internet.

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
try justin tv , there a few "stations " that show B5
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Hulu has the pilot and the first two seasons of B5 on its register.
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke