Author Topic: Oculus Rift HMD  (Read 27853 times)

Offline torc

• Diaspora SFX engineer
Just out of curiosity, i reached to make work the old ''Beyond the red line'' in stereo 3d:
I used a lot of 3rdparty software and it becomes very unstable but ir worked:

Nthusin HMD beta version for the screen warp correction,
IZ3d as stereo injector,
Quindie GL Wrapper: a simple drag and drop dll file that convert OpenGl libraries in Direct3d
Windows game relocator: you'll need to run game in window,then this program will cut the windows frame from the game.

I'ts very unstable,and the UI is a mess, but once youre in game you'll be completely amazed from 3d effect...follow and shoot at the Cylon,and flyin'around the big potato was amazing, even without trackIr,no cockpit,and no customized HUD position.

I don't wanna to make pressions to anyone, but with the OR integration,i'm sure Freespace will benefit from all the VR community,making it finally enter in the current game generation for the next years.

Anyway i suggest you to test it...if you have some trouble please contact me :)
indossare una divisa può avere un prezzo alto...ma a volte...è troppo alto!!! Bill Adama

There's a really nice development blog by a guy making a new space sim, developing with the OR in mind. I've mentioned Enemy Starfighter before; these are the guy's experiences with the Rift:

http://enemystarfighter.com/blog/2013/9/5/vr-lessons-learned

One of the things is, as Aurel Tristen mentioned in August, that HUD elements be set to infinity. I figured that the things he figured out could be of some help, at least to eliminate some obvious missteps.

So, where are we with the Rift?