Author Topic: Internet Browser in FSO WIP (+Test builds)  (Read 15875 times)

Offline m!m

Re: Internet Browser in FSO WIP (+Test builds)
The link to the builds has been updated which should fix the black screen issue.

Offline The Dagger

• I like zod ships
The new build works great! I'm actually posting this from FSO!  :yes:

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 07:58:14 am by redsniper »
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Luis Dias

dafuq is happening dAFUQ

Offline m!m

The links in the first post have been updated, you will need redownload both files as I updated the libraries.
The new builds now disallow access to anything but the FSO files, there is a new commandline option to allow that again.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam

omg! fso web integration, now with Notifications!  ;)
el hombre vicio...

Offline m!m

Builds have been updated again to include some new features I needed for creating an initial mainhall demo: http://www.mediafire.com/download/xh2tm35aijm136c/mainhallTest.7z

I'm not very good at creating nice HTML pages but here is a preview:
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 09:05:14 am by m!m »

Offline The Dagger

• I like zod ships
After redownloading everything, I get a crash on release and "Chromium subsystem is not inited" error right after the intro movie.
Why your builds no like me? :(

Offline m!m

I forgot to include the right mod table, try this: http://www.mediafire.com/download/xh2tm35aijm136c/mainhallTest.7z (link in the first post also updated)

Offline The Dagger

• I like zod ships
Works OK now.  :)

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline m!m

The current version of chromium sadly does not support CSS transitions when rendering to an offscreen window (although there are plans to change that) so this can not be used in FSO (yet).

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
FWIW, that's a CSS animation, not a transition. It uses CSS transforms.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline m!m

Sorry, I meant to say CSS transforms.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Ah, ok. Does it support CSS border images? If so, that's 70% of the standard FS interface replicable right there. :)

Offline m!m

I think it supports pretty much everything except CSS transforms because that requires some sort of hardware support which is not available with off-screen rendering.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
I think it supports pretty much everything except CSS transforms because that requires some sort of hardware support which is not available with off-screen rendering.

Hmm, in that case, it might support 2D transforms... I think the hardware hookup is only for 3D transforms, using the graphic card. Still, the resulting 2D transform probably wouldn't look very smooth. ;)

Offline m!m

WebGL is supported so you might be able to do something with that (although it would be less straight forward than simple CSS transforms).

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Yeah, me and WebGL aren't friends yet. :p

Offline m!m

I have uploaded new builds that feature much improved rendering performance and now with ∞% more CSS3 3D transforms support! (I also tested the nice demo Sandwich posted which works perfectly now)
You will have to redownload the libraries package (the second link below the download link in the first post) as those have changed.

The builds are based on the Antipodes branch and may be a bit outdated.