Author Topic: Freespace Open Installer: Missing files for FSport  (Read 1924 times)

Freespace Open Installer: Missing files for FSport
2014_mv_fsport.vp failed to install, means I can't finish the rest of the installation.

mediavps_3612/MVradar icons as well.

Thanks guys, everything else works great.

Re: Freespace Open Installer: Missing files for FSport
I just tried the FSO Installer and this still appears to be broken.

Reading the logs and manually downloading the file, the archive file it's party of is http://fsport.freespacemods.net/releases/fsport-mediavps_2014.7z. Trying to download it directly from the server, the archive file is 3.2K in size, which I assume means it's corrupt.

I'm looking for a working copy of the file elsewhere now.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
I've just manually downloaded that file and opened it.  Despite its small size it appears to contain a valid VP file, which in turn contains a single .tbm file.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

You're right, I was misreading the output of the archive test. There is one file in the copy I had downloaded. Also, FSO Installer seemed to install the "FreeSpace Port Media VPs 2014" package fine in my Windows partition. I'll try wiping the directory in Linux and re-downloading it there later.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Ah. Linux. You might be getting bitten by the case-sensitive filesystem :)  i.e. most mods specify "mediavps_2014" in their mod.ini file, but by default the directory (as set by the FSU team) is called MediaVPs_2014.  You can either change the dir name to all lower case (which may cause issues when rerunning the installer) or you can change each mod.ini file to have the same capitalisation (which can be a pain to update for each mod.ini file). 

I'm also working on making FSO on Linux/BSD perform case-insensitive searches for -mod entries, but I haven't finished coding/testing it yet.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...