Author Topic: [RELEASE] Shadow Genesis: 2017 Edition  (Read 177688 times)

Offline Gee1337

• Sh!tlord/Human Garbage
Re: [RELEASE] Shadow Genesis
Does it tie into Shadow Genesis at all? I think it would be call if it does :)
I do not feel... I think!

No. It will be a separate story and a separate lore. But you're going to like it too, as we are using everythingl we learnt about story-telling, gameplay and mission design when we were working on SG :).

Offline Gee1337

• Sh!tlord/Human Garbage
Necro(ish) bump!

I've been playing through SG again with the goal of obtaining all 31 goals... but I've com across a problem in "Game in a trap." The Euryale bombers jump in about 13k away from the Hiven's main beam leaving no chance to destroy it, which kinda makes the goal unatainable when you can't destroy the main beam yourself.

I imagine this will probably not be fixed in SG's current state, but I thought you should be aware when it comes to doing SG:Reborn.

If there is a fix for this, please link me! :)

Edit:- Well I decided to say sod it and move on... but how do you access those 4 bonus missions. I can't find them in the simulator!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 11:56:12 am by Gee1337 »

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
It's triggered event. There is actually a very little chance. If you load all your pilots with titan/hypacs and penetrator II missiles you have a chance to destroy main beam of Nightmare flagship without the bombers. Thus it will probably have large impact on Dies Irea, as most of Hiven's secondary beams are operational and can smash Merdation and Impaler into pieces.

Yeah I... Hate my old naming convention. I can say that Hiven will be renamed to SJ Vichama, Merdarion will be listed as GTSD Invictus, and Impaler will be replaced with vasudan destroyer.

As for bonus missions, it's a bug with them. They are unaccesable even after you finish campaign with proper archievements. Use CTRL + Shift + S in mission load menu. We were pretty retarded doing it few years ago :P.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Gee1337

• Sh!tlord/Human Garbage
I'll look at doing that tomorrow then. I've finished the campaign again now. I got 30/31 achievements! :D

Looking forward to Reborn.

Any updates with Exile?

Ih btw... I'm looking at making another sound pack soon if you're interested. I've got two engine noises ready to go and some ambient music. I'm currently in the process of remixing an already existing FS2 track (I'm not gonna say which one) for use with combat! I'm just wondering what else to include in this sound pack to flesh it out a bit.

Offline CT27

If I may make a minor suggestion:

If you have achievements in Reborn...since a lot of people wondered how to get them in SG...maybe it would be a good idea to have a Word document or something in the download package that explains the requirements for getting the achievements?

Of course there would be massive spoilers so it should probably be called "SPOILERS-Achievement guide" or something like that.

Offline Gee1337

• Sh!tlord/Human Garbage
You can find the achievement list on page 8 of this thread.

But definitely a good idea to provide the achievement list... maybe even replace the medal box with it.

Offline CT27

How to get the achievements and how many achievements there are might change for SG:  Reborn.

What I meant was that I was suggesting the list of achievements and how to get them be provided when downloading Reborn (with a spoiler warning).

Hello, I meant to post this some time ago already, but late is still better than never right?

The thing is, 3.7.4 (stable) seems to break Shadow Genesis' last combat mission against Hiven. Once the allied Superdestroyer jumps in during a cutscene, the game crashes with this message:

Code: [Select]
Assert: pss->triggered_rotation_index >= 0
File: modelanim.cpp
Line: 849
Unable to find triggered rotation for ship Impaler.

It seems either you will have to update your ship asset, or the code heroes of SCP could reduce this assertion into a simple log warning. For now, Shadow Genesis is broken in newer builds, which is a great shame because it's a great modern campaign with a full story. Nowadays I would recommend it over Derelict if a new player wants a complete post Capella experience.

The full mission log is here.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Chill out. Patch 1.2 is in WiP stage. All bugs and crap will be solved.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Sure, I didn't mean to sound hasty or impatient!  :D

Will be looking forward for future releases. All those who keep this old game alive have my automatic respect  :yes:

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile

Sure, I didn't mean to sound hasty or impatient!  :D

Will be looking forward for future releases. All those who keep this old game alive have my automatic respect  :yes:
As I used to say, First things first

And the Exile is our "firstest" :]

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Any progress on this?

I WANT TO PLAY (but can't. Crashes)
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Not currently. SG would require one or two weeks of work from us, while we're currently focused on first act of Exile.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
:bump:

We changed plans and started working on 1.2 today. I already removed tons of shi... Of bugs from modpack and I'm kinda surprised how crappy debug of 3.6.18 was o__O.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile

I'm alive :P. Shadow Genesis: 2017 Edition is in testing stage!

Offline HLD_Prophecy

• PVD_Hope in a former life

I'm alive :P. Shadow Genesis: 2017 Edition is in testing stage!

Oh mah goodness the hype is real! XD

Offline CT27

Great news!

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
...and infamous cutscene with flying Argo, Trashman's liner and two guys talking to each other was sent off to hell, with new mission instead. The grim legend of the worst cutscene ever made is ending right now :P.
Everything seems to be working, with some rebalancing and cancerous missions basicly redone, or remade completly. I need to make some new mainhalls, with Mixael's hi-res mainhall as template. When it's done, we will push it rolling.

Offline CT27

It's awesome to hear this.

Shadow Genesis had one of my favorite pieces of music that I've heard in a FS game (I don't remember the name of the track but it was the song that played while you were in the main menu).