Author Topic: Vasuda-Toasting-Cutscene / FINAL-Release + Extended Version Release  (Read 83578 times)

Re: Vasuda-Toasting-Cutscene / FINAL-Release + Extended Version Release
Cool! Thnx for that.

Okay, I haven't been able to get this to work either... and ancient's 4 vid has not played either. I've got the FSport installed correctly, have the vasuda_new and I dled the freespace.fc2, as well as edited the line for 'vasuda_new' avi. I even tried changing it to .ogg and it didn't seem to work.

And Like I said, the ancients4 cutscene didn't play either.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
AVI movies do not work, even if they have the OGG extension.  You need to download the OGG version.

And there is 1) a limit on 10 cutscenes in any campaign, 2) a limit on one cutscene being played before any given mission.  So ancients4 had to be taken out in order to fit IceyJones's version.  That's why it's an unofficial option.

THat's wierd... only 10? In the freespace.fc2 it had the vasuda.avi in the next mission. I've already gone through the entire campaign so I can't get the cutscenes to play unless I go through the campaign again.

So strange and lame... ugh. Guess I need to find this .ogg version of the movie...

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
I think nightly builds after revision 5006 will lift the 10 cutscene limit.
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Hello, where do I find the freespace.fc2 campaign file so I can edit it to play the cutscene?

Right here    http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,58357.msg1178741.html#msg1178741

I am also missing the freespace.fc2 file and I can't seem to find it anywhere on that page...

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
AUGGGHH NECRO GAAAHHH

:necro:

Oh hey, a new person, in that case, necro violation waved, and

:welcomeblue:

Just ... in the future, avoid resurrecting old threads without a very, very good reason but welcome to HLP! :D :nervous:

Oops, didn't realize how old this thread was or I would have just posted a new one lol.  I read through every post in this thread, and the thread suggested a few posts back, but have had absolutely no luck finding freespace.fc2.  Hopefully someone will be able to show me where its at so other people out there will be able to easily find the answer with a google search.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
.fc2 files are stored within the .vp files themselves. You'll need an editor to modify the .fc2 files.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Ok, thanks a ton!

I just needed to download vpview first, then I was able to open up fsport-missions and thats where I found the file.  Hopefully this will help someone else out there someday.

can someone set us up the rehost?

Offline mFuSE

• http://mfuse.ads-gilde.net/
Hi,

i didn't know there was such an amazing fs1 vid  :eek2:
It accents the thread generated by the Lucifer once more.

@stang393
searching myself for this great vid, i think this is the current way of doing it right?
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,58357.0.html
-> http://www.freespacemods.net/download.php?view.110

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
Believe it or not, im responsible for this video. I made such a pain in the arse of myself about this cutscene and a few others that IJ made this to put me out of my misery
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
You do realize that the current Ancients 4 cutscene has the Vasuda toasting cutscene edited in, right?
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
This is the edited campaign with cutscene included, Please include this file in the opening message.

Um wut. No. Sorry, you need to play the newest version all the way through before you start demanding changes.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.