Freespace Port 3.1.1 + FSPort Media VPs Release
We're back and better than ever! Release 3.1.1 is the biggest update yet and its goal is to bring you the ultimate Great War experience in the 21st century.
Just a few of the many, many upgrades you'll find in this release:
- A totally overhauled interface and HUD that looks, sounds and feels like the classic Freespace!*
- Fully animated ship and weapon select interface animation in the classic style!*
- New fully animated command briefings for Galactic Terran Intelligence, the Parliamentary Vasudan Navy, and the Terran-Vasudan Alliance!
- A new fully voiced Vasudan Command persona!
- Training missions and cutscenes all fully integrated into the main campaign!**
- Includes The Great War, Silent Threat and Operation Templar campaigns!
As always FSPort remains retail compatible
but optimized for Freespace Open. This release is fully primed for FSO 3.6.10 Final and the 3.6.10 MediaVPs, with its own graphical enhancements package! This includes:
- Shine maps, glow maps, and normal maps for almost all classic ships!**
- High-poly enhanced models for the Apollo, Valkyrie, Karnak and more!**
- Upgraded weapon effects, including tech models and support for Shivan warheads!**
You may download version 3.1.1 automatically using Turey's Installer
or manually via the links below.FSPort 3.1.1 Core
FSPort Missions Pack
High Resolution Interface Art
Cutscene Pack Cutscenes**
FS1/ST Command Briefing Animations
FSPort Media VP Pack**
FS1 DVD Hi-Res Textures†
Fall of Vasuda Prime Cutscene***INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONSRetail FS2
: Unzip to your Freespace2 directory, and make a new pilot. To return to the FS2 campaign, move, delete, or rename the extension of fsport3_1_1.vp. The readme should help answer the most common questions.FS2 Open
: Place all the .vp files (except mv_fsport.vp) to a new 'fsport' directory in your Freespace2 directory, and select it from the MOD tab of the Launcher. Place the .ogg cutscene files to \fsport\data\movies\ (create the directory).
If using the FSPort MediaVPs, place mv_fsport.vp to a new 'fsport-mediavps' directory in your FreeSpace2 folder and select it instead of 'fsport' from the MOD tab of the Launcher. Be sure that you have the 3.6.10 MediaVPs installed in 'mediavps' and you're using FSO 3.6.10 Final or newer.
If you're playing a mod that uses FSPort, add 'fsport-mediavps' to the mod.ini just before 'fsport' in the Secondarylist line.You must select a Ported campaign in the campaign room
such as "The Main FreeSpace Campaign" or "Silent Threat". Simply launching into the ready room will start the main FreeSpace 2
campaign, which will not work when the Port is active.
Big, big thanks to everyone who contributed to this, including Galemp, Goober5000, Admiral Nelson, Cobra, Hellstryker, Flaming Sword, Vasudan Admiral, Aardwolf, Dark, DTP, the SCP Team, the whole Freespace Community and especially Volition, for starting it all.* Requires resolution of 1024x768 or greater with high-res interface art package.
** Requires FSOpen 3.6.10.
*** Requires FSOpen 3.6.10, and also requires editing of the freespace.fc2 campaign file. (Instructions) Made by IceyJones, not by the FSPort team.
† A retail-level enhancement; you won't need this if you're using the mediaVPs.