Poll

No poll at this time

A
0 (0%)
B
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: RELEASE: The Great War - Vasudan Imperium Mission 8  (Read 16868 times)

Offline Redstreblo

• Darth Lobster
  • Current Project: Vasudan Imperium (\/) (;,;) (\/)
RELEASE: The Great War - Vasudan Imperium Mission 8
Ok, so I have decided to be a FRED monkey for my brother (Galemp). Galemp made Mission 1 and included it with the newest FSPort release, so it will be in the mission simulator. I just completed Mission 2 and I am releasing it here for feedback and ideas.

The campaign will be about the Great War from the POV of the Vasudans. I will be posting some of the new missions as they are created and I will bundle the finished campaign later when it is finished.

Please enjoy mission 2 of The Great War - Vasudan Imperium!  :D

Mission one is also here in case you do not have it already.

Just completed the third mission, now it is available below! Enjoy :)

Mission 5 attachment is on the mission 5 reply below.

Mission 7 is now available! it is on the reply below (next page)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 08:17:57 am by Galemp »
I, Aries one, have proved myself superior to the legendary Terran pilot Alpha one! Let the Vasudan people take pride in this accomplishment, and take the Parliamentary Vasudan Empire to victory over the inferior Galactic Terran Alliance! Long live the Emperor!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Re: RELEASE: The Great War - Vasudan Imperium Mission 2
Oh cool. :)

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
The first mission is nearly self-breakable. You can't order the other Vasudan fighters, they just keep on firing on the Orff and the cargo, and you die when they destroy the Orff.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Redstreblo

• Darth Lobster
The first mission is nearly self-breakable. You can't order the other Vasudan fighters, they just keep on firing on the Orff and the cargo, and you die when they destroy the Orff.

Ok, the first mission was not created by me, I will take a look at it and edit it as need be. I have playtested mission 2 and I do not die when the Orff is destroyed, keep your distance from it and you should be fine. The bombers should have the Orff destroyed in just a couple of seconds, your goal is more to destroy the fighters that threaten the bombers. With all the fighters destroyed all you have to do is sit back and enjoy the show.  ;7
I, Aries one, have proved myself superior to the legendary Terran pilot Alpha one! Let the Vasudan people take pride in this accomplishment, and take the Parliamentary Vasudan Empire to victory over the inferior Galactic Terran Alliance! Long live the Emperor!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Is the Vasudan Imperium campaign supposed to be about the Great War as a conflict or is it just an inversion of FS1 missions?

Offline Redstreblo

• Darth Lobster
Is the Vasudan Imperium campaign supposed to be about the Great War as a conflict or is it just an inversion of FS1 missions?

It is the great war from the perspective of the Vasudans, you are a Vasudan so the outcome of each mission will be different. For instance instead of guarding the Orff like in FS1 you destroy it. Later in the campaign when the Shivans arrive you get to make a major decision (Freespace fans should be able to guess what that decision is :nervous: ). It is pretty much FS1 with a fun twist.

It'll have about 30 missions of content for those interested in numbers.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Re: RELEASE: The Great War - Vasudan Imperium Mission 3
I have playtested mission 2 and I do not die when the Orff is destroyed, keep your distance from it and you should be fine. The bombers should have the Orff destroyed in just a couple of seconds, your goal is more to destroy the fighters that threaten the bombers. With all the fighters destroyed all you have to do is sit back and enjoy the show.  ;7
I hadn't playtested mission 2 when I made my comment, it was only about the appearance of the Orff in mission 1.

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Offline Redstreblo

• Darth Lobster
Oh, ok i didn't realize that, yes there is an event set up where if certain events are set up you will self destruct. This is because you are NOT suppost to destroy the Orff in this mission. I made a few edits to the mission (not posted yet) and I am working on making the mission a little more friendly. The fact that you cannot command the AI is because this is mission one and you are Aries 2. I am investigating if I can make an event to give you command of the AI in the middle of the mission when that makes sense (those who play the mission know why). Anybody who knows FRED can you tell me how or if that would be done? TY.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 12:55:31 am by Redstreblo »

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
It would be much easier to turn the Orff invincible IMHO. making the player self-destruct if he doesn't do something properly is an incredibly cheap FRED trick, and is incredibly frustrating for the player. Especially since the Fenrises are so easily destroyed.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Geez, Fenris only has 8,000 HP, compared to the Aten's 18,000 and the Leviathan's whopping 35,000. No wonder it goes down so easy. Some hackery is definitely needed there... although I really hated that FS1 mission where the Shivans attacked the Rameses and it died slloooowwwwlllyy.

It's funny that the Fenris is more of a threat in the second mission. I wonder what can be done? Send in Poseidons with four Avengers each to chew up the player?
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Redstreblo

• Darth Lobster
Ok guys mission four will take a while to complete (very complicated stuff going on). It'll probably be posted early next week. Edited mission one will probably be released some time in the next week as well.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
You could try giving the Orff a ship-guardian-threshold (assuming that sexp still exist) so that it will take damage, but not beyond a certain point.  You could combine this with triggering the arrival of enemy reinforcements with better AI and weapons to make it much harder for the player to stay behind and continue to harass the Orff.  That said, I haven't played the mission so I can only guess as to its plot.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
Had a play through of all three. An interesting idea and i look forward to seeing how it pans out :yes:. Missions are looking interesting so far, though...
Spoiler:
...i'm not so sure about mission 03's events. Would the Vasudans really do something like that so coldly, or did they not know what the convoy was? If that is part of the Devotion's day-to-day ops for new Vasudan pilots, then i worry for the standards of PVN, and i doubt an alliance would really have gone ahead when the Shivans appeared; would you want to ally with people who did that?
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Disturbing, isn't it? I think we'll be seeing more of the Devotion in the future.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Redstreblo

• Darth Lobster
Re: RELEASE: The Great War - Vasudan Imperium Mission 4
Mission 4 is finally here! It was a little more complicated to do than missions 1-3 because it is basically a heavily modified version of mission 03 of the campaign, which was a little messy. It may need a little more tweaking but I think it came out well. Enjoy :)

I haven't posted a fixed version of mission 1 yet. I still need to fix the player self destructs event and see if I can change player AI commands in the middle of a mission (any help on that subject would be appreciated. FRED help forum here ).

Thanks!

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
The mission lacks a RTB directive, and as such says you jumped too early when you should have succeeded the mission, but otherwise it works fine.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Did you clean up after yourself? Defeating Delta and Epsilon is an objective, you know.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
I did. After Rasputin and Omega jumped out, I destroyed the last enemies, rearmed, wait for like 3-4 minutes (in time compression of course), then jumped out. It told me I jumped before I was told to do so.

Offline Redstreblo

• Darth Lobster
I did. After Rasputin and Omega jumped out, I destroyed the last enemies, rearmed, wait for like 3-4 minutes (in time compression of course), then jumped out. It told me I jumped before I was told to do so.

I may have a solution to this problem. Did the second Delta wave arrive or did you finish the mission before they managed to jump in?

This is relevant because if Omega and Rasputin jumped out before the second wave, the second Delta wave will never arrive. Due to the way directives work the second wave of Delta was never destroyed so that directive was incomplete. The RTB message will only show up if all objectives have been resolved.

I know asking you about if you noticed a second wave show up may be a little much to ask in the heat of battle. Could you replay the mission and see if the RTB shows up? It might have been that one playthrough.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Didn't noticed in my first playthrough. On my second one just now, the second wave of Delta did arrive, and the RTB directive did appear. So yeah, maybe there is something wrong with Delta's arrival cues.